OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 3 - Commander Carson Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Honestly the wordmark and logo is starting to grow on me. The W is clean and simple, kind of like Green Bay’s G in a way.
73C44A46-2545-4584-9E17-249360DBA271.jpeg

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If I'm TM, I'm asking myself why do I want to sign on long-term right now, UNLESS they pay me like a top-10 WR now.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
If I'm TM, I'm asking myself why do I want to sign on long-term right now, UNLESS they pay me like a top-10 WR now.
Because he’s always one play away from having a career or life threatening injury and he should take the bag. If they pay him like the top 15-20 WR he is then he should certainly sign, especially since the market has already been set.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Because he’s always one play away from having a career or life threatening injury and he should take the bag. If they pay him like the top 15-20 WR he is then he should certainly sign, especially since the market has already been set.
Or he bets on himself and get's real $ after this season.

15th gets $18 mil per....10th is $20 mil per....$20 would be my minimum to sign onto this trainwreck long-term.

They’re 100% going to f*** this up.

shocker!

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I think an AJ Brown type contract would work. There was some creative accounting for his deal spreading out some of the guar money.

4 yr extension/100M/52M guaranteed ..

If the Skins arent offering that then I understand the holdout

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Allen had some contract issues last year and didn’t sign his extension till the day before training camp. I’m not super worried… yet

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA
Honestly, with the skyrocketing WR prices and good pipeline of college WRs coming into the league every year, it’s probably not wise to pay top dollar. I rather trade him than pay top 10 money.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
It is interesting to see the “pay the man” arguments on here about a 3rd round WR who is a 2nd tier, at this point, NFL WR but is asking for top tier money. Not so long ago when a 4th round QB, who developed into a 2nd tier NFL QB, wanted to get payed 2nd tier money and the prevailing opinion on here was “trade the overrated bum”.

At this point I say trade him. He’s a very good player but not good enough for Tyreek Hill money. Trade him for picks and get ready to make a run at drafting a franchise QB. Because what’s the point of having a top paid WR with no one to get him the ball?

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It is interesting to see the “pay the man” arguments on here about a 3rd round WR who is a 2nd tier, at this point, NFL WR but is asking for top tier money. Not so long ago when a 4th round QB, who developed into a 2nd tier NFL QB, wanted to get payed 2nd tier money and the prevailing opinion on here was “trade the overrated bum”.

At this point I say trade him. He’s a very good player but not good enough for Tyrek Hill money. Trade him for picks and get ready to make a run at drafting a franchise QB. Because what’s the point of having a top paid WR with no one to get him the ball?
Trading him would be very Redskinny…unless it’s for a massive haul.

When you’re the Commodes, sadly you need to overpay to get good guys to hitch their wagon….this is where they’re at. That’s why I said pay him.

But sure, trade him away if it’s for a massive return. I expect them to handle this poorly as usual.

Reactions: ynotcaps

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I can't make up my mind on TM.

On one hand I've argued they need a WR to blow the top off the defense. TM may be underrated around the league after having basically nobody throwing to him. Losing him is a step backwards.

On the other I can't imagine spending near-max money on a WR who probably projects to be somewhere in the middle or bottom of the pack among WR1s. It's a clear overpayment.

Hunter Renfrow just signed for ~$16M/yr and has comparable numbers in many categories but a much better catch %.

If TM is expecting AJ Brown money ($25M/yr AAV) I don't see that happening. Spotrac projects TM around $21M/yr for 4yrs based on their algorithm.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

At this point I say trade him. He’s a very good player but not good enough for Tyreek Hill money. Trade him for picks and get ready to make a run at drafting a franchise QB. Because what’s the point of having a top paid WR with no one to get him the ball?
2nd tier QB…? How many people are in tiers 1 and 2 for you? He’s an average QB who inflates his stats against trash teams and is terrible vs good teams. He has one playoff win in his career and was something like 7-37 against teams with winning records at some point last season. At this point that’s who he is. He couldn’t get it done in DC with a very good offensive roster and he couldn’t get it done in Minnesota with a better all-around roster.

Terry has been nothing but a pro since Day 1. He has produced despite a clown car of QBs. He’s either the best or the second best at his position from his draft class and one of the top 15 players in the league at his position. Terry is a captain and someone you build around and trading him for picks is a huge gamble. The guy the Titans drafted to replace Brown can’t finish workouts because he has asthma. They have Sam Howell so I’m not convinced they don’t have their QB of the future on the roster already, and plugging in a QB into a roster with no weapons isn’t a great receipt for success.

And people were fine giving Kirk mid-tier QB money because that’s what he is and that’s what he deserved. Getting $90M guaranteed over three years was and is ridiculous, as was paying him on the franchise tag two years in a row. Washington f***ed up the situation royally and Kirk took advantage, so good for him, but his situation and Terry’s situation are not the same in my eyes.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
LOL this has nothing to do with Kirk Cousins. Let it go, hawg.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I admittedly don't follow the Comrades very closely, but I love Terry McLaurin.

Does signing him to a big deal really prevent them from fielding a competitive roster now or in the future? What's the holdup? They've drafted some of the worst WRs in the league until they struck gold with Terry. Just pay him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad