OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 2 - Commander Carson Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
This is another nothing burger. 101 different companies including other sports teams are all doing similar things. I just spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how to cancel a subscription to a legal documentation website. (The cancel link was hidden so you couldn’t find it). ADs want to show they care about the people, and they will chastise the team. The team will say they will do better and blah blah blah.

Reactions: RedRocking

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
This is another nothing burger. 101 different companies including other sports teams are all doing similar things. I just spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how to cancel a subscription to a legal documentation website. (The cancel link was hidden so you couldn’t find it). ADs want to show they care about the people, and they will chastise the team. The team will say they will do better and blah blah blah.
It probably is nothing but if the NFL is looking for an excuse to give LiL Danny the boot it might be enough.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
It probably is nothing but if the NFL is looking for an excuse to give LiL Danny the boot it might be enough.
Don't forget, if the NFL boots Lil Danny, it will also need to be in Danny's interest as well. Or they will have an angry rich guy coming after them with lawyers. I'm not sure the NFL wants Danny stirring up everyone's financial stuff for the public to see. Its about protecting the shield, and right now people are pissed at Danny not the NFL.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Don't forget, if the NFL boots Lil Danny, it will also need to be in Danny's interest as well. Or they will have an angry rich guy coming after them with lawyers. I'm not sure the NFL wants Danny stirring up everyone's financial stuff for the public to see. Its about protecting the shield, and right now people are pissed at Danny not the NFL.
All true but keep in mind the team needs a new stadium. With DC, VA and probably MD AGs digging around a new stadium won’t happen. New stadiums are important to the NFL. That’s protecting the shield.

But, yes, Danny will go down kicking and screaming. The NFL will need to be prepared for it.

Reactions: Corby78

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish

This is new, isn’t it? If its true, trade him now.

I figured Payne was expendable once we long termed Allen, whose cap hit jumps to 21.5M next year. No way we were retaining everyone on the IDL plus Sweat and Chase.

Allen > Payne all day. Paynes an above avg player but he doesnt fit our future cap or needs.

Darwin James should have been the pick over Payne. I will never understand drafting him when we took Allen the year before, had Matty I.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

DC in the mix as well.

I do not understand how DC can look at this stuff from a legal standpoint? They are HQ'd in VA and play games in MD. They have no legal entity in DC. If DC can investigate them, then why not West VA or Delaware too? In fact I hope all 50 states and Puerto Rico investigate them. Guam and American Samoa too.

Death by 1000 cuts may be our only remaining hope.

Reactions: Neil Racki

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I do not understand how DC can look at this stuff from a legal standpoint? They are HQ'd in VA and play games in MD. They have no legal entity in DC. If DC can investigate them, then why not West VA or Delaware too? In fact I hope all 50 states and Puerto Rico investigate them. Guam and American Samoa too.

Death by 1000 cuts may be our only remaining hope.
Could it have something to do with Consumers from DC being impacted? (Ticket holders)

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Is Elon Musk looking to buy a team? lol
Please no! Give me Danny boy over him!

The Shitwaffles would cost about 7 or 8% of what he just wasted buying Twitter. A MUCH better investment for him.... but I'm with Twabby, I'd rather even have Bezos that Musk.

Is it too much to ask to just have an owner that is not a complete asshole? Is it?

Last edited:

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
The Shitwaffles would cost about 7 or 8% of what he just wasted buying Twitter. A MUCH better investment for him.... but I'm with Twabby, I'd rather even have Bezon that Musk.

Is it too much to ask to just have an owner that is not a complete asshole? Is it?

The Washington Pump ‘n Dump

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I figured Payne was expendable once we long termed Allen, whose cap hit jumps to 21.5M next year. No way we were retaining everyone on the IDL plus Sweat and Chase.

Allen > Payne all day. Paynes an above avg player but he doesnt fit our future cap or needs.

Darwin James should have been the pick over Payne. I will never understand drafting him when we took Allen the year before, had Matty I.
I’d wager Payne punching Allen durning a game is a factor as well. Whatever the reason they have to trade him now for picks.

Reactions: Neil Racki

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I’d wager Payne punching Allen durning a game is a factor as well. Whatever the reason they have to trade him now for picks.

Allen punched Payne because Payne stuck his finger in Allen's face.

Allen was named Walter Payton Man of the Year nominee for the ShitWaffles a couple weeks prior. So Redskinny.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I don't know, I think he would either be a great owner, or an awful one. Which is a much better outlook then awful or even more awful....

The people that work for Musk are generally miserable and turnover in their leadership is generally high. He's Dan Snyder with Asperger's and without the sexual harassment investigations, yet. And unlike Dan Snyder he CRAVES the spotlight, rather than hiding from the media. Would be different, but not better.

Reactions: Hivemind

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I don't know, I think he would either be a great owner, or an awful one. Which is a much better outlook then awful or even more awful....

The Musk Plague is going to take over Earth as soon as Twitter becomes self-aware, so I guess him owning the Commanders might delay this eventuality for a year or so as he shitposts his way through an NFL season.

That’ll give me an extra year to accomplish a lot of big things I have in store, such as:

Reactions: Hivemind
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad