Post-Game Talk: Washington at St. Louis. 8pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I agree tenken. If the Caps can play this aggressive all season, which is really hard, they will win games.

Reirden has completely redone parts of the Caps system, using the speed they have as a big weapon. It will just be a matter of do they have the consistent finishers beyond Ovechkin.

Reactions: tenken00

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
So who do we think makes the roster (outside of the obvious guys?)

I am picking Hagelin, Eller and Panik on the 3rd line and Stephenson, , Boyd or Dowd, Hathaway on the 4th.

Are the defensive pairings: Kempny Carlson, Orlov Gudas, and Djoos Jensen? With Seigenthaler the 7th?

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

I am picking Hagelin, Eller and Panik on the 3rd line and Stephenson, , Boyd or Dowd, Hathaway on the 4th.

Are the defensive pairings: Kempny Carlson, Orlov Gudas, and Djoos Jensen? With Seigenthaler the 7th?

I don't think Kempny will be ready by game one.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

I still think that's the plan. Of course that was before this game, one more preseason game still to be played and somebody has to step in for Kuznetsov, too.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I agree tenken. If the Caps can play this aggressive all season, which is really hard, they will win games.

Reirden has completely redone parts of the Caps system, using the speed they have as a big weapon. It will just be a matter of do they have the consistent finishers beyond Ovechkin.

That's been so evident this preseason. I dont remember them sustaining the forecheck for this long. Usually they start turning back not long after losing possession or after a shot.

As you can see in this game after a turnover (which admittedly its because they cant connect with each other for their lives :laugh:) they get right back on the puck, stealing it right back from the Blues. Giving them 2nd, 3rd, 4th chances to regroup

Reactions: Sam Spade

WanderingCapsFan

Mar 31, 2008
Marana, Arizona, USA

That third line is a given.
Pretty sure the 4th line will be Leipsic - Dowd - Hathaway
13 forward will be Boyd or Stephenson (both will make the initial roster with the Kuznetsov suspension)

Last edited:

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
That third line is a given.
Pretty sure the 4th line will be Leipsic - Dowd - Hathaway
13 forward will be Boyd or Stephenson (both will make the initial roster with the Kuznetsov suspension)

I'm hoping it will be Leipsic instead of Stephenson. We know what Stephenson brings and I don't think he has any extra upside. It's time to look at somebody else,
and Leipsic has shown glimpses of being a decent offensive player. I'd also like to see Hathaway get some games this season - not sure what kind of pre-season he's had.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I'm hoping it will be Leipsic instead of Stephenson. We know what Stephenson brings and I don't think he has any extra upside. It's time to look at somebody else,
and Leipsic has shown glimpses of being a decent offensive player. I'd also like to see Hathaway get some games this season - not sure what kind of pre-season he's had.
Hathaway get some games??

I’d be shocked if he wasn’t a regular on the 4th line and PK.

Something odd would need to happen for him not to play every game. IMO

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
If they don’t make a trade by the time Kuzy comes back there’s no roster permutation that can fit Stephenson’s salary, unless they get relief from Kempny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad