GDT: Washington at Anaheim (7pm pac)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
We talk about how strong our 2011 draft was, but we have 4 guys on our roster from 2014 right now. Just a Berkovitz away from another perfect draft.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
i'm surprised tha tlindholm doesn't get more icetime with our d-core.

fowler is always leading the charge up at the 25/26 minute mark. wouldn't mind seeing him get bumped down a mintue or 2 and giving it to lindholm. lindholm only played 20:18 tonight and was 4th in terms of icetime among d-men although 2-4 were all basically the same.

wondering if fowler is gonna have another gear come the post season but recently hes definitely turned it up since being paired with montour which is awesome to see.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
i'm surprised tha tlindholm doesn't get more icetime with our d-core.

fowler is always leading the charge up at the 25/26 minute mark. wouldn't mind seeing him get bumped down a mintue or 2 and giving it to lindholm. lindholm only played 20:18 tonight and was 4th in terms of icetime among d-men although 2-4 were all basically the same.

wondering if fowler is gonna have another gear come the post season but recently hes definitely turned it up since being paired with montour which is awesome to see.

While I agree, Fowler has a much longer history of being capable of "handling" those minutes.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
The Caps looked half asleep most of the game, but this was still a great effort. I thought the Fowler-Montour pairing was incredibly solid which is very nice to see.
Fowler Montour pairing was consistently dangerous all night long. It's almost as if teams are afraid to forecheck against them because they both skate so well and can just skate around the forecheck and get up on the rush.

Reactions: DuckRogers10
Oct 18, 2011
Keep it rolling, boys. Gibson was awesome once again, he seriously deserves some Vezina attention.
If you objectively look at his numbers he should be, he has been the best goalie in the league short handed by quite a bit, and that's not even considering the fact Anaheim played about 1/3 of it's games with a skeleton crew.

He has also eliminated the soft goals as shown by his league leading save % vs low danger chances. He's pushing a .930 sv%, what would that be if Anaheim hadn't had so many injuries?

With that said he is the team MVP for sure

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Ritchie is starting to play with more confidence. In my book he has moved from pretty horrible to almost decent. He needs to take advantage of the line he is on and needs to take a page from Ovi and find those soft spots and get shots on net.

It now looks like we have 2 very good d pairings and a pretty bad but manageable 3rd pairing. I like Petterson more than Bieksa and Beauch.

Keslers line still slowly making progress.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Fowler's finally looking like Fowler again. Montour's been great, too.

Gibson has just been fantastic this season and yet I get the impression that he'll probably get royally snubbed out of any Vezina consideration.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
At the game tonight and Montour was flying out there. Best game i have seen from him. I hope it continues. Grant has really been a nice surprise, really looks like his confidence level has increased ten fold. We surely kept the best of our 4-5 fourth liners.

Overall never thought Washington had the upper hand. Maybe the best skating and passing i have seen from the Ducks this year. Great effort.

Reactions: KeepItDeep

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Good game tonight, but Thursday is the real test. If the Ducks can play this good and get the win on the road in Nashville, where they have always struggled, we might be on to something.

John

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Kesler just said in the pregame radio interview with Dan Wood that the hip is bothering him to such an extent that he tries not to skate 2 days in a row.

That does not seem encouraging
I don`t know if I`m encouraged or discouraged by that.
If he heals it, he will be able to be a much better player he is right now, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad