Post-Game Talk: WAS @ NYI - 2pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021
None of these guys are the answer. Fucale is not a NHL level goaltender, VV is a backup and Samsonov is unreliable.

Based on what? I saw Fucale in 4 games. One wasn’t good and in the other 3 he was great. Weird to make that conclusion on that limited sample size.

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021
I don’t like these 2/3 line combinations. Backy and Protas are both passers, while Sprong and CMM are shooters.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Fever and Leason both quietly having good games IMO. Fever has the bigger role and much higher ceiling obviously. But both are making smart plays and giving full effort
EDIT: and … of course 49 gives it away in defensive end on next shift

Reactions: Empty Goal Net

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Based on what? I saw Fucale in 4 games. One wasn’t good and in the other 3 he was great. Weird to make that conclusion on that limited sample size.
I wouldn't say Fucale was great. He wasn't tested much. Yes he shut out Detroit then he came in relief and didn't give up a goal in one period. He also wasn't tested much there. The game against the Wild he lost in a shootout. He was on the bench for an extra attacker on the first goal but the game tying goal was a weak goal. He also didn't get tested alot in that game. He did a few pretty good saves. A very good but lucky save in overtime. However he did not look good in the shootout.
The Caps defense really sheltered him in his first 3 games. The Bruins game he looked like crap.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Whenever we start letting teams fly through the neutral zone we're in trouble. I'll be shocked if they don't score here.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
We are lucky the Isles have zero offense. They can't make a tape to tape pass on the pp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad