GDT: WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR? HELL NO! Canucks @ Ducks 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
If this is the lineup we're running out there when wins are necessary to make the playoffs, this will also be the lineup in the playoffs. Hard to see us winning a series with B/B playing nearly as many minutes as Lindholm/Manson.

Reactions: Exit Dose

ZzZz

Dec 22, 2017
I don't get it :shakehead... I was starting to think RC was able to see some of the things everyone else sees when the Ducks worst defense pairing is on the ice.

Trade deadline passed and Bob couldn't trade Pettersson so he told Randy that he is free to go back to playing as many dinosaurs as he wants again..?

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I don't get it :shakehead... I was starting to think RC was able to see some of the things everyone else sees when the Ducks worst defense pairing is on the ice.

Trade deadline passed and Bob couldn't trade Pettersson so he told Randy that he is free to go back to playing as many dinosaurs as he wants again..?
At the deadline, Murray had a need...
upload_2018-3-14_17-49-30.jpeg

Reactions: ScarTroy and Peaves

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I hope we lose, I hope we lose big. Show this organization their ideas of what makes a good team is outdated. When 2/3 of your 4th line and entire bottom pairing shouldn't even be in the NHL and when you have guys who can come up and contribute but don't because they don't have "leadership", you know you are bad at running an NHL team. I don't care what Murray has done draft wise or RFA signing wise; everything else he has down recently has not helped this team in the slightest and instead has hurt this team. If we were in a bigger market and doing this crap, you would hear about it. This season just needs to end already.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
I hope we lose, I hope we lose big. Show this organization their ideas of what makes a good team is outdated. When 2/3 of your 4th line and entire bottom pairing shouldn't even be in the NHL and when you have guys who can come up and contribute but don't because they don't have "leadership", you know you are bad at running an NHL team. I don't care what Murray has done draft wise or RFA signing wise; everything else he has down recently has not helped this team in the slightest and instead has hurt this team. If we were in a bigger market and doing this crap, you would hear about it. This season just needs to end already.

Thing is they'll probably win tonight because they've lost three in a row and this one is at home against an injury riddled non-playoff team. So that'll justify rolling this lineup out for the rest of the homestand at least, in their eyes

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Thing is they'll probably win tonight because they've lost three in a row and this one is at home against an injury riddled non-playoff team. So that'll justify rolling this lineup out for the rest of the homestand at least, in their eyes
then we win this, keep this lineup and continue to lose to better teams. That last home stand is gonna be disastrous if we keep this lineup.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
then we win this, keep this lineup and continue to lose to better teams. That last home stand is gonna be disastrous if we keep this lineup.

oh I completely agree with that. I'm just saying that a broken clock is still right twice a day, and I think this lineup could win tonight in spite of the decision to play these guys. Then of course we'll be seeing the same lineup for the next few games at least unfortunately.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
This feels like one of those "We're not gonna win this unless the other goalie poops himself" games.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
pretty amazing.
That lineup posted.
We're playing a beat up Canucks at home, and I'm hoping we pull off a win!!

Gotta love this team!! Guess I survived 1993 thru a few years, I can do this!!

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
Pettersson in now apparently, at least it looks that way from Stephen's warmup lines. Maybe RC reads this board haha. I'd still like to see those forward lines mixed up a bit to try to get Henrique and Kase and Silf going again

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Pettersson in now apparently, at least it looks that way from Stephen's warmup lines. Maybe RC reads this board haha. I'd still like to see those forward lines mixed up a bit to try to get Henrique and Kase and Silf going again
maybe RC is Dirk this whole time.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I know this may be an unpopular take, but the GM very well could be getting involved. This is Murray's team. He gave Carlyle Chimera and Kelly at the deadline. He has given Carlyle Bieksa and Beauch. For all we know Carlyle is playing these fools regularly because he knows he needs to appease his good buddy Bob Murray to keep his job long term. You sure as heck don't see Murray sending guys down to try other players in the lineup. I think this is the team Bob wants and RC is kind of handcuffed (and also stupid/stubborn).

Also I'm not sure of Petterson's contract situation but maybe they are trying to keep his games played down for some contractual reason.
Doubtful .If thats the case BM would bring Holzer back up and let Pettersson go back to SD. Saves him a good deal of money.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Meh, Randy's just resting Bieksa here and there so he can be an every game player in the playoffs, all four of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad