Player Discussion Warren Foegele - next contract?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He's going to the Flames in a trade for Tanev as per the Shames fanboys. It is Ceci, Foegele, Holloway and the 1st for the impending free agent! A trade with the Edmonton Oilers for Chris Tanev could make sense for both teams

Yeah, he's going to get 4 million on a 4 year contract somewhere, but it won't be with the OIlers.

Actually Brown at a league minimum would be a good player to have. At worst he's a PB guy who can kill penalties.
What I like about Brown is that he isn't just a defensive forward. He pushes the play up the ice. That's what puts him ahead of forwards like Hamblin and Erne, who were good defensively but played very conservatively (probably directed to by the coach)

Edit: and as for Foegele, whether he stays or not depends on how much the cap grows imo. If he's gone, that's okay, but if we can keep him, great

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
What I like about Brown is that he isn't just a defensive forward. He pushes the play up the ice. That's what puts him ahead of forwards like Hamblin and Erne, who were good defensively but played very conservatively (probably directed to by the coach)

Edit: and as for Foegele, whether he stays or not depends on how much the cap grows imo. If he's gone, that's okay, but if we can keep him, great
The thing with Brown is he has the chance to be out play his matchups in the bottom-6, which should help the Oilers in the long run

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I think there's still a chance he's better than what we have seen so far. he's getting some chances and it's a matter of time before some pucks start to go in. Low expectations, but if the Oilers go deep and he can turn it up a notch and do some good work the rest of way and in the playoffs, his cap hit won't be such a bitter pill to swollow next year.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I think there's still a chance he's better than what we have seen so far. he's getting some chances and it's a matter of time before some pucks start to go in. Low expectations, but if the Oilers go deep and he can turn it up a notch and do some good work the rest of way and in the playoffs, his cap hit won't be such a bitter pill to swollow next year.
The contract will be easily worth it if we go on a deep playoff run and Brown becomes our Pisani-lite. I could care less what he does in the regular season right now.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Foegele is a worker bee who has had consistency issues in the past. Not the best hands but really good wheels and a hot motor. His recent offensive success is due to having Drai and other top 6 guys help him out, but in my mind, he is a 3rd line player forever, and should be paid as such.

Reactions: FunkyChicken

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
0 Zero O chance repeat 0 0 0 chance he gets re-signed by Edmonton in the off season.

I think he's looking at a repeat of his last contract at absolute best after a second post-season nothingburger

And it'll be from a bottom feeder

Reactions: guymez

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
you dont get to have a head shaped like a lego man if you dont go out and bang bodies. hes not doing what he should be doing

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Soft and stupid are 2 things that he won't be fixing. Yeah he has a good shot and is speedy, but the softness and super low hockey IQ/brainfarts make him a guy that you can't count on positively in the playoffs.

Reactions: frag2

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
I really thought Holland kept the right one out of Yamo, Puljujarvi, and Foegele. But apparently the answer was none of the above. So much rested on these guys turning into something more.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
On Oilers Now a little while back MacT said “I wish Foegele would start playing like he was when he was sitting at 19 goals”. Think we’d all agree with MacT there. Good for him working so hard to get to 20 to earn himself a nice contract, wish he seemed to care as much about winning in the playoffs.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
I want nothing to do with this guy going forward, all one has to do
Is look at his career playoff stats. Outside of his first playoff run with Carolina he’s been absolutely abysmal every year.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Warren Foegele is one of the only significant UFAs on the Oilers this upcoming summer. He's having a massive season - I've always liked the player, but he's totally outperforming what I'm sure any of us could've imagined at the beginning of the season. Based on the team's cap structure going forward, it seems likely that the team won't be able to retain him, so I ask the following:

- what do you think the Oilers are willing/able to offer Foegele on a next contract?
- what kind of offers do you think he'll get from elsewhere?

I'd imagine the Oilers would feel comfortable with something like $3.5m x 4, but Foegele I'd bet is looking for (and will get offers for) $4m+.
I'll answer your question this way.

Warren Foegle - Next contract? - Somewhere else please.

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
I suspect the next contract is going to be for Dylan Holloway.

He has some flashed here and there and skates hard but really liking how Holloway has come along.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad