Injury Report: Ward out indefinitely

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I'd get Ward in as soon as he is available and take out Karlsson. He's going to need as many games as he can to get back into rhythm and Karlsson's probably the best choice to take out. I'd expect Hansen to be the one but I'd keep him in too to also get rhythm to his game. Use the buffer you have to get as many players as sharp as they can.

Wait, you want Ward to play with Pavs and Kane? Or do you mean after Donskoi comes back?

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Wait, you want Ward to play with Pavs and Kane? Or do you mean after Donskoi comes back?

I think Floyd is just talking about the player. Ward over Karlsson. Get him some games. I don't think he wants to see Ward rolling on the first line nor do any off us. Ward would fit in nice on the 4th line

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

I wouldn't be opposed to it but that wasn't the idea. The point is only to get Ward playing time. I wouldn't care where at this point but my initial thought was to run a Goodrow-Fehr-Ward 4th line and see how they play. I think for a 4th line, that actually wouldn't be too bad but it needs to have Ward back in and being sharp. That would mean a change on the Pavelski line and I wouldn't mind Hansen there and I wouldn't mind Meier there. I wouldn't mind a lot of guys there because my goal is just to get the guys who have been missing significant time in there anywhere to sharpen up. This would include Martin and Heed. I would not mind sitting any one of the standard six D to get them in. Ryan being out assists Martin's return and I thought he looked better against New Jersey than what he did against Vancouver but I think it's important to get Heed in there too since needing 8 guys on D isn't unheard of for playoff runs.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
I think he's going to keep the same line up for Thursday considering the 4th line scored a hatrick last night. If Hansen continues his play id imagine he'd choose Ward over Goodrow and when Donskoi comes back Karlsson out obviously.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I wouldn't be opposed to it but that wasn't the idea. The point is only to get Ward playing time. I wouldn't care where at this point but my initial thought was to run a Goodrow-Fehr-Ward 4th line and see how they play. I think for a 4th line, that actually wouldn't be too bad but it needs to have Ward back in and being sharp. That would mean a change on the Pavelski line and I wouldn't mind Hansen there and I wouldn't mind Meier there. I wouldn't mind a lot of guys there because my goal is just to get the guys who have been missing significant time in there anywhere to sharpen up. This would include Martin and Heed. I would not mind sitting any one of the standard six D to get them in. Ryan being out assists Martin's return and I thought he looked better against New Jersey than what he did against Vancouver but I think it's important to get Heed in there too since needing 8 guys on D isn't unheard of for playoff runs.

Gotcha, works for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad