Injury Report: Ward out indefinitely

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville
Isn't this Ward's last year in his contract? Does this mean he's played his last game as a Shark? That kind of sucks if so.

LeeIFBB

Crossing the Rubicon
Sep 30, 2011
Tanning Bed
nsr.gif

Reactions: WSS11 and Nighthock

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
I mean, it sucks that he's injured, but anyone else feel like his long term absence has been a blessing?

It will mean he will be rested for the playoffs; Ward has a reputation for coming up big in the playoffs. I know he has been a secondary whipping boy around here, but this is how I see things.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
With the way Hansen was playing, would rather have him in than Ward. FGH would be a strong 4th line.

Yeah, I get that the Hansen trade was bad and I get that we're not re-signing him and that he has mostly been a disappointment and that his 0 goals this season is hilarious and sad at the same time but his performance over the last 5-10 games he was in was better than anything we've seen this year from Karlsson, Ward, Sorensen, Fehr, etc.

In my opinion, it's fairly clear that Hansen and Goodrow should be staples on the 4th line, and Fehr probably has been better than any of the other guys that could slot in. Of course, PDB does not agree with me on that - he seldom agrees with me on anything.

Herschel

Dec 8, 2009
IMO Ward is better defensively than Hansen, can take draws and has better finish. Hansen is just faster

Reactions: SactoShark

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I mean, it sucks that he's injured, but anyone else feel like his long term absence has been a blessing?

In theory, if it means that guys like Goodrow and Hansen are playing more, and a youngster like Balcers gets a cup of coffee against a team like Vancouver, it would be.

In reality, when a guy like Sorensen draws in over Hansen and a guy like Karlsson draws in over Goodrow, absolutely not.

With the way that he's been playing, I would say Melker Karlsson's injury will be a blessing in disguise if it is long term.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Donskoi skated today. We have a lot of Forward depth

I'd get Ward in as soon as he is available and take out Karlsson. He's going to need as many games as he can to get back into rhythm and Karlsson's probably the best choice to take out. I'd expect Hansen to be the one but I'd keep him in too to also get rhythm to his game. Use the buffer you have to get as many players as sharp as they can.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
I'd get Ward in as soon as he is available and take out Karlsson. He's going to need as many games as he can to get back into rhythm and Karlsson's probably the best choice to take out. I'd expect Hansen to be the one but I'd keep him in too to also get rhythm to his game. Use the buffer you have to get as many players as sharp as they can.

Deboer take out Karlsson? Lol

You’re right it’s going to be Hansen even after the great game he had last night

Reactions: Papa Joe19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad