Pyatt
Didomenico
Thompson
Burrows
Dumont

Correct?

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
McCormick having a 1-way next year, I don't get. He's shown next to nothing that he can be a solid 4th liner in the NHL and there are way too many depth forwards as is.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Can we calm down on the 1 way deal for Mccormick talk, it's not happening he'll be waived before being here a full year.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
I remember when Hoffman was on waivers we need to claim a guy like that on the waiver wire

Hard to believe eh? Every team in the NHL had a shot to pick the Hoff up! Fortunately nobody claimed him. Makes you wonder about hockey analysts and insiders. I prefer the hockey"outsiders" on this board.:thumbu:

Reactions: DrEasy and Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I only quoted this part of your post because something I posted (and subsequently expanded) was re-posted by Chezzz and mistakenly taken as though it was his original comment. While Dumont's AHL contract says he will earn $200k he has a minimum $300k guarantee clause in the 2nd year of his 2 way deal. It's no big deal though

This is a bad deal then! :sarcasm:

lol my mistake then, I didn't see that and I'm kind of surprised to be honest... is it confirmed on cap friendly? How did Dumont get that clause lol

That being said, Dumont won't need to be waived to go to the AHL since he has a 2-way which is why I reacted to Chezz post; unless I am mistaken again

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Hard to believe eh? Every team in the NHL had a shot to pick the Hoff up! Fortunately nobody claimed him. Makes you wonder about hockey analysts and insiders. I prefer the hockey"outsiders" on this board.:thumbu:
You think you know better than the pros?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I assume you are aware that he has a one way contract for next season & will most likely be on the team in Ottawa next season on a more permanent basis.

I wonder why EM continues to keep Dorion as GM when GB is doing both jobs? Just kidding, sort of ... maybe. So they add another small speedy forward to the roster, how many does GB need on this roster exactly before he is satisfied? On a much more positive note, I heard today on the radio that Paul might get an opportunity with Duchene & Ryan tonight, finally.

To Anybody: Dzingel, DiDo, Pyatt, Thompson, Wideman, Dumont & Burrows
To Ottawa: One big, tough, powerforward who can score ... a Neal, Mantha, Simmons type of player.

Delete Dzingel from that super-duper trade package and I would support it. :)

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
List of Boucher guys

Brassard
Duchene
Pyatt
Didomenico
Thompson
Burrows
Dumont

Correct?

How did Brassard, Burrows and Duchene get on this list?

How terrible 3 FA signings and a waiver claim, crushing to the organization. Pyatt and Thompson have been great additions as well for what its worth.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
This is a bad deal then! :sarcasm:

lol my mistake then, I didn't see that and I'm kind of surprised to be honest... is it confirmed on cap friendly? How did Dumont get that clause lol

That being said, Dumont won't need to be waived to go to the AHL since he has a 2-way which is why I reacted to Chezz post; unless I am mistaken again

Oh oh sorry Xspyrit ,
:)
I hate to be the one to say it but his waiver status has nothing to do with his having a 1 way or a 2 way. Dumont is not waiver exempted next year just like this year because of his age.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Oh oh sorry Xspyrit ,
:)
I hate to be the one to say it but his waiver status has nothing to do with his having a 1 way or a 2 way. Dumont is not waiver exempted next year just like this year because of his age.

But my question is why would we care to waive him if we wish to have him in the AHL next year. If he is claimed, be it. If not, pay him 300K to play in Belleville

Anyway, reading the original post I think I misunderstood what Chezz was trying to say, and I have no idea what chicken feed means lol

What an unconventional contract, usually the 2nd year is the 1-way like Boro or McCormick

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
But my question is why would we care to waive him if we wish to have him in the AHL next year. If he is claimed, be it. If not, pay him 300K to play in Belleville

Anyway, reading the original post I think I misunderstood what Chezz was trying to say, and I have no idea what chicken feed means lol

What an unconventional contract, usually the 2nd year is the 1-way like Boro or McCormick

Saying it's not chicken feed (animal grade grain you feed chickens) means that $300k is not a cheap contract for the AHL. However It's been pointed out by Micklebot that older players with NHL experience usually get paid more than rookies on ELC or roster filling marginal AHL players so it's likely Dorion/Lee took that into consideration when claiming him.

You're right it is different, that contract must have been due to Tampa watching next year's NHL budget. I guess every dollar counts for their cap.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
You think you know better than the pros?

So you're saying you're an expert?
iu

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Can we calm down on the 1 way deal for Mccormick talk, it's not happening he'll be waived before being here a full year.

How many guys have the Ottawa Senators paid an NHL salary to play in the American Hockey League? Hammond is the only one I can think of. Melnyk will not pay someone an NHL salary in Belleville. We can maybe try to waive him, but lets be real, nobody is claiming him.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Makes sense. He has decent hockey sense, but I didn't think he was an NHL player from watching him.

In saying that, Dumont is no better.

I dunno, if Dido isn't scoring he's bringing nothing to the game. With Dumont, at least you have a guy who you know can take shifts on the PK and is above-average at faceoffs. Gets around more quickly than Dido as well.

It depends on what you need the guy to do... if we're using that "extra" forward to play 8-10 minutes on the bottom lines and not get victimized, Dumont seems like the safer player.

That said, lets hope that neither of them spends regular time in the lineup. White and/or Paul should likely surpass both of them before long.

Reactions: coladin

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I dunno, if Dido isn't scoring he's bringing nothing to the game. With Dumont, at least you have a guy who you know can take shifts on the PK and is above-average at faceoffs. Gets around more quickly than Dido as well.

It depends on what you need the guy to do... if we're using that "extra" forward to play 8-10 minutes on the bottom lines and not get victimized, Dumont seems like the safer player.

That said, lets hope that neither of them spends regular time in the lineup. White and/or Paul should likely surpass both of them before long.
I really wasn't a fan of Dumont when I watched him play in St. John's for a year. Weren't many guys from that team I'd be happy to have on the Sens.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I really wasn't a fan of Dumont when I watched him play in St. John's for a year. Weren't many guys from that team I'd be happy to have on the Sens.
Hmm, interesting. What's the knock on him? What role did he play for the team?

PS, just looked at their roster from that year. I see what you mean. Ugly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad