Blue Jays Discussion: waiting on the right moves to materialize

Status
Not open for further replies.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I wish we had a ballpark like the Padres.

EE, Jose and Donaldson would still crush but it would greatly improve the rotation and we'd also be a prime destination for guys looking to rebound on 1-2 year deals. It would also prolly mask alot of Reyes lack of range at SS playing on a real infield.

I have a weird feeling Morrow will actually turn into a stud with them.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I wish we had a ballpark like the Padres.

EE, Jose and Donaldson would still crush but it would greatly improve the rotation and we'd also be a prime destination for guys looking to rebound on 1-2 year deals. It would also prolly mask alot of Reyes lack of range at SS playing on a real infield.

I have a weird feeling Morrow will actually turn into a stud with them.

He could have with us as well, but never remained healthy.

If he does with San Diego, it wouldn't be without its question marks. He needs to sustain a high level for a good couple of years for me to be sold on him again. He has to stay healthy as well.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
His issues didn't stem from the size of the ballpark. Inconsistency in various forms. Wish him luck though.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
@BKennedyStar: Adding more depth at 1B, #bluejays sign former A's 1B Daric Barton to minor-league deal w/ invite to spring training.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Ken Rosenthal ✔ @Ken_Rosenthal
Follow
Sources: #Padres, #Rays discussing significant trade. Talks involve a number of players. Wil Myers would be main piece going to SD.
5:44 PM - 16 Dec 2014

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Follow
Sources: #Padres, #Rays discussing significant trade. Talks involve a number of players. Wil Myers would be main piece going to SD.

looooool... well I guess Royals ended up doing pretty amazing in the trade. Rays line-up is gonna be hilarious.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Rays/padres are talking trade involving wil Myers. Wtf is going on in tb. Apparently it's for significant prospects. Have they forgotten they need a pro team. Or am I missing something. Although I'm not sold on Myers and maybe they aren't either

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Follow

Didn't notice this posted

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Rays/padres are talking trade involving wil Myers. Wtf is going on in tb. Apparently it's for significant prospects. Have they forgotten they need a pro team. Or am I missing something. Although I'm not sold on Myers and maybe they aren't either

C Hanigan
1B Loney
2B Franklin
SS Escobar
3B Longoria
LF Jennings
CF Kiermaier
RF Zobrist

They still have a decent looking lineup, Maybe they are trying to get Ross/Cashner to pair up with Archer, Cobb, Smyly and Odorizzi

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
C Hanigan
1B Loney
2B Franklin
SS Escobar
3B Longoria
LF Jennings
CF Kiermaier
RF Zobrist

They still have a decent looking lineup, Maybe they are trying to get Ross/Cashner to pair up with Archer, Cobb, Smyly and Odorizzi

Plus Matt Moore. Seems odd that they'd trade one of their few solid young hitters.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
C Hanigan
1B Loney
2B Franklin
SS Escobar
3B Longoria
LF Jennings
CF Kiermaier
RF Zobrist

There's like two good hitters, and I guess not totally terrible hitters in Loney and Jennings. The rest is a bunch of crap. Their pitching should still be good but Rays are gonna suck.

So weird to sell low on Myers. Maybe he doesn't become an MVP hitter like some thought he would but he could still turn into a Jay Bruce type hitter who hits homeruns, low BA, and strikes out a lot. He is still very cheap with a bunch of control left so its a bit of a weird trade but I guess the Rays have really soured on him.

Padres traded for Kemp and now Myers... uhh, maybe they could be not terrible next season now.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
C Hanigan
1B Loney
2B Franklin
SS Escobar
3B Longoria
LF Jennings
CF Kiermaier
RF Zobrist

Neither name is linked in the rumours right now mlbtr has listed some names if you wanted to take a peak

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Follow

Anything that takes a talented MLB piece off the Rays is fine by me. Can't imagine what they'd get back that would be worth what Myers can be though.

Rays trade Matt Joyce to the Angels for Jepsen. That's a nice little deal for the Angels.

Rays usually have little offense every year but man, that team is not nearly as scary as it once used to be.

Jepsen. That's the one with the crazy delivery where he like, almost hops as he throws, right? If it is, I always think that one of these times he's going to lose his footing and suffer the world's most grisly ankle injury. Like bone right down out through the skin so he's a peg leg with a foot dangling on the side.

He's a decent piece though. Hard thrower, lots and lots of Ks, some walk issues, but he'll keep the ball down and in the park (which is a big thing when you're in the Trop.)

Brian Wilson DFA'd by the Dodgers

Stay away. do not want. He hasn't been relevant in like 3 years and is prone to incredible bouts of wildness. He would be the prime example of a team overpaying for past success and all those nebulous things that get attributed to being value for a closer.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Jepsen. That's the one with the crazy delivery where he like, almost hops as he throws, right? If it is, I always think that one of these times he's going to lose his footing and suffer the world's most grisly ankle injury. Like bone right down out through the skin so he's a peg leg with a foot dangling on the side.

He's a decent piece though. Hard thrower, lots and lots of Ks, some walk issues, but he'll keep the ball down and in the park (which is a big thing when you're in the Trop.)

No, that's Jordan Walden who was traded to the Braves a couple of years ago and is now on the Cardinals as a result of the Heyward deal.

Jepsen broke out last year and was fantastic. He's been inconsistent over his career though.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
No, that's Jordan Walden who was traded to the Braves a couple of years ago and is now on the Cardinals as a result of the Heyward deal.

Jepsen broke out last year and was fantastic. He's been inconsistent over his career though.

that's right. I remember now. I remember that the Jays have/had a Walden in their system and I thought "geez, I hope he didn't learn his mechanics from his brother"

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
RobertMurrayMLB
Source: #BlueJays to sign LHP Andrew Albers.

Oops, wrong Albers lol

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
There's some twitter talk of Myers going to Seattle in a 3-way TB-SD-Sea
Marc Topkin ‏@TBTimes_Rays
Here's another element in #Rays-#Padres talks on Wil Myers - heard there is a possibility of a third team and thus even more names
Jason A. Churchill ‏@ProspectInsider
Strong indications that Seattle is the third team in Rays-Padres Wil Myers trade scenario. Walker may end up in SD. Myers to SEA.

Who knows

Last edited:

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
@Ken_Rosenthal: #Dodgers aren’t done. Per sources, talking to teams about Brandon League, willing to pay almost half of his $7.5M salary as part of deal.

At 3.5-4M League will generate lots of interest Id imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad