GDT: Wait we have a game? (11/20, Canes vs Rangers)

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
last night i had a dream about this game

except this time lundqvist was leaving the net for a delayed penalty and he collided with brassard and he hit him so hard that lundqvist's legs fell off

he was okay after surgery tho

i had the same dream. after lundqvists leg fell off the hcanes scored and the goal was allowed, and none of the rangers fan complained.

Brock Ness Monster

Nov 24, 2013
Mooresville
I don't find this board particularly intimidating compared to others, but it is the most annoying one I visit due to all the tanking talk.

I understand that getting a top pick is the easiest way to improve the team. I really do, but it ****ing kills me how many people support actively losing for it. And I do realize for some people it's a way to cope with the ****tiness of the team but it's just so defeatist.

Maybe I'm just too competitive, but I'd take trying and losing over giving up any day. Of course winning would be best, but the only the worse than actively losing is people cheering for a team to give up.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Today I learned that you can " win" any internet argument if you just keep repeating your point and completely ignore what the other guy is saying.

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
Today I learned that you can " win" any internet argument if you just keep repeating your point and completely ignore what the other guy is saying.

Arguing over the internet is like trying to play chess with a pigeon; it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board and flies back to its flock to claim victory.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
I don't find this board particularly intimidating compared to others, but it is the most annoying one I visit due to all the tanking talk.

I understand that getting a top pick is the easiest way to improve the team. I really do, but it ****ing kills me how many people support actively losing for it. And I do realize for some people it's a way to cope with the ****tiness of the team but it's just so defeatist.

Maybe I'm just too competitive, but I'd take trying and losing over giving up any day. Of course winning would be best, but the only the worse than actively losing is people cheering for a team to give up.

they are trying and losing that is kind of the point

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
you obv want scrub mc2ndliner instead of connor "jesus" mcdavid. losing as many games as possible for the rest of the season is the only way to improve this team long term.

i can't wait until we go on a hot run to get the 7th overall pick and then all the "caniacs" spend all offseason putting together fantasy lineups where we spend $15M more than we actually will and manage to somehow attract top free agents.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
sure i would like for them to win

but as a fan i know that is literally the worst possible thing for them to do right now

its called being realistic

check ur fan privilege

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina

So you like the feel good win streaks that have us picking 10-16 vs getting a good pick.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
My point was it's ****** that folks here want the team to lose.

Thing is we don't want the team to lose, but after a cycle of stagnation and eventual outright decline since 09 that's the reality we're in. The better part of a decade without a single playoff appearance, and it's not like we've been lights out in the draft and just unlucky. Fact of the matter is, to most of us there is only one conclusion: for this team to get better in the long term it absolutely has to get worse right now. A plethora of #7-10 picks that just simply turn into "nice players" isn't going to get us any closer to the playoffs, especially when this org flat out can't compete on the free agent market unless the player explicitly wants to play here.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I want this franchise to lose this year, so we don't lose our franchise in the coming years.

If that hurts your feelings, tough ****.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
I'm not rooting for losses, but after 5 years (soon to be 6) of missing the playoffs, with 2 franchise players in the upcoming draft, I'm not going to lose sleep over losses this season, either.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I don't think one season of absolute **** will do much to improve the fortunes of this team. We've had pretty ****** teams for a long time. That *should* have produced enough talent to make the playoffs. But the removal of Pitkanen (combined with the inability/incompetence to field a decent D), the goaltender injuries two years in a row, and the general decline of Staal and Ward have led us to where we are.

I'm kind of in the middle of the debate. I like watching hockey and don't have as much tied into this team as the Sens, so the tank vs. win enough to get 6th pick debate doesn't really move me one way or the other.

There have been plenty of teams to fail to build a year-in, year-out contender thru the draft, so wasting time cheering for a tank isn't on my things-to-do list.

(I tried to win the trophy for Most Hyphens In a Post)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad