Confirmed with Link: Wait, kuzy was traded? To Hurricanes for 2025 3rd round pick. Caps retain 50 percent

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Personally, I think after winning The Cup and getting a big contract, building a family, he's become sated/fat/happy/satisfied and has lost motivation (add to that the substance issues and he's underperformed for years)

Tons of quotes from him about not hyped about hockey until Playoffs, not liking afternoon games etc... he's one of the most honest interviews
which honestly fits the Canes fine, hopefully he can fully invest and help during playoff runs. I've always liked him and he was so friggin dominant during your cup run.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
why has he struggled lately, motivation/mindset/mental or has he had physical limitations? he's still pretty young and was still an absolute stud as recently as like 2-3 years ago, no?
It’s the Russell Westbrook syndrome.

His personality was a big factor into why his creativity & style of play worked so well earlier in his career, and it’s a big factor into why he’s struggled to adjust his game in the second half of his career.

Just like Russ, I can still see him working in the right situation.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
why has he struggled lately, motivation/mindset/mental or has he had physical limitations? he's still pretty young and was still an absolute stud as recently as like 2-3 years ago, no?

He's been quoted in the press saying 'Hockey isn't fun anymore for me' and drug issues. Possibly didn't get along with Laviolette? Maybe he'll find it fun in Raleigh? At least he'll be close to his Norther VA home and get to play video games with Orlov.

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
This is some wizardry. Not sure what Carolina is thinking.

To get a 3rd back it can't just have been Carolina. There had to be other interest out there or else why not a 4th or 6th or future considerations? We had zero bargaining position other than "We'd rather keep him and eat 3m in cap space while he plays in the AHL than trade him for THAT!"

So I think there had to be another team or two sniffing around for Mac to pry out a 3rd...

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Add Kuznetsov to the list of players this organization should have traded 2 years earlier and squandered blue chip assets.

Reactions: Bananas

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Add Kuznetsov to the list of players this organization should have traded 2 years earlier and squandered blue chip assets.
Hasn’t it been two years since he *reportedly* wanted a trade?

I don’t think you can only pin that on the organization. They might not have gotten any offers that they deemed worth moving him for. And it’s a lot easier to now retain on a contract with only a year left as opposed to 3 years left. A lot of behind the scenes details that we don’t know.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
I could see him going off in Carolina. He is a unique case. I’m ready for him to move on.. I won’t hate on him. I think if properly motivated, he can bounce back.

One thing I know about Rod, he expects 100% effort in all areas of the game. Don't see that going well long term. Short-term might be good? Win-win for Kuzy and doesn't have to be on the Hershey bus.

I guess Kuzy at 3.9mil is a risk they're willing to take in refurbishing his game. Canes have played against him enough to know the potential and possible pitfall.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
No one else is sad this finally happened? I am.

Anyone care to speculate what exactly turned him off from Caps organization? Here is a list of my theories without having any facts to back it up:
- His relationship with Ovi may not have been as good as we all would expect. Maybe even worse.
- the 2018 Conn Smythe going to Ovi may have contributed to the above mentioned
- Maybe he feels the Organization did not stick up for him enough during his drug related suspension.

Nothing happens without a reason and i would love to know what that reason is for him. If him and Ovi were buddies i would think he would want to stick around to be there for the record. I also do not think that he wants a change of scenery simply because he has all coke dealers in DC area on speed dial. Lets face it, these days you can just order it online. If you have money you can get anything you want. Moving to a different state would not change anything. My gut tells me there is a rift there somewhere.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
No one else is sad this finally happened? I am.

Anyone care to speculate what exactly turned him off from Caps organization? Here is a list of my theories without having any facts to back it up:
- His relationship with Ovi may not have been as good as we all would expect. Maybe even worse.
- the 2018 Conn Smythe going to Ovi may have contributed to the above mentioned
- Maybe he feels the Organization did not stick up for him enough during his drug related suspension.

Nothing happens without a reason and i would love to know what that reason is for him. If him and Ovi were buddies i would think he would want to stick around to be there for the record. I also do not think that he wants a change of scenery simply because he has all coke dealers in DC area on speed dial. Lets face it, these days you can just order it online. If you have money you can get anything you want. Moving to a different state would not change anything. My gut tells me there is a rift there somewhere.
Unlikely we will know until Kuzy starts talking to the Russian media over the summer.

Completely shocked.
Trading Kuznetsov, Mantha and Edmundson for pretty tangible assets is a great TDL.
Move more please.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3