Confirmed with Link: Wait, kuzy was traded? To Hurricanes for 2025 3rd round pick. Caps retain 50 percent

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Man, what a masterplay from GMBM. Though, I do begin to wonder if maybe they refused to retain up until this point, but either way getting a 3rd for Kuzya is incredible.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
1709912790663.jpeg

Keep smiling, keep fighting

Go f*** light some f***ing lamps!

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
He's going to a playoff team where he can be a complementary asset, rather the 1C guy, and a team with one of his closest friends. And he got a bunch of sweet Hershey Bears schwag for his trouble.

Guy is really being gifted a fresh start here. I hope he's learned what to do (and what not to do) with it

itsjustsurvival

These are my last, last words
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2006
richmond, virginia.
Was one of my favorite players. Glad they were able to move him. Awesome they got a pick back for him. Hope he can find success too.

Crazy how Carolina has now gotten Semin, Orlov, and Kuznetsov. Maybe Ovechkin doesn't retire as a Capital after all.... (joking obviously).

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Guess maybe I can kind of claim I called it?

It is possible that another team is interested but want him to be in the AHL to start, and want the Caps to deal with the waivers. (Have to imagine if he has a $3.9M cap hit and goes through waivers another team might be more tempted to claim him than at a $7.8M cap hit.)

Though I never imagined they'd actually something back for him.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
why has he struggled lately, motivation/mindset/mental or has he had physical limitations? he's still pretty young and was still an absolute stud as recently as like 2-3 years ago, no?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Worth mentioning that because Carolina doesn't have an AHL affiliate there's a decent chance he could still play for the Bears while awaiting clearance.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
He's going to a playoff team where he can be a complementary asset, rather the 1C guy, and a team with one of his closest friends.
He's also going to a team where he's got zero good will built in and a coach that's got high expectations for buy in. I feel like it's a recipe for a lot of healthy scratches and disaster.

I just don't see how this makes any since for Carolina. Feel like Orlov is selling them a lot of smoke, only thought.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
He's also going to a team where he's got zero good will built in and a coach that's got high expectations for buy in. I feel like it's a recipe for a lot of healthy scratches and disaster.

I just don't see how this makes any since for Carolina. Feel like Orlov is selling them a lot of smoke, only thought.
It’s high risk high reward. I don’t think it’s a horrible decision by Carolina.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
why has he struggled lately, motivation/mindset/mental or has he had physical limitations? he's still pretty young and was still an absolute stud as recently as like 2-3 years ago, no?
Personally, I think after winning The Cup and getting a big contract, building a family, he's become sated/fat/happy/satisfied and has lost motivation (add to that the substance issues and he's underperformed for years)

Tons of quotes from him about not hyped about hockey until Playoffs, not liking afternoon games etc... he's one of the most honest interviews

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad