Confirmed with Link: Wagner for Chimera

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Of course it’s an overreaction. I’m online on trade day, the fan of an underachieving team that has a set in his ways coach playing a guy like Bieksa all the time, and we seem to be like the idiot in a Prius in the carpool lane holding up traffic as the regular lanes pass him by

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
I can think of a lot of other people I'd rather see go than Wags. He has slacked off at times, but jeez, who hasn't on this team. Bad deal.

Matt UK

Mar 31, 2012
Wales, UK
As an Islanders fan, I'm not really sure what's in this for Ducks, other than someone who has experience and adds to the locker room.

Hopefully a move will help Wagner find some consistency.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
As an Islanders fan, I'm not really sure what's in this for Ducks, other than someone who has experience and adds to the locker room.

Hopefully a move will help Wagner find some consistency.

Chimera still fast? That'd be the reason, that and banking on him shooting better than 3% in Anaheim. Not hard to see why Murray would do it, its just weird if thats literally all hes doing.

Reactions: Matt UK

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
The most asinine thing I've heard is veteran leadership added.

If this team needs veteran leadership in the locker room then the whole thing should be blown up starting with the GM.

Reactions: snowave

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
From Murray's comments:

On the interest in Kelly
It awakened when we heard how he did in Edmonton's camp. He was very good there.

So good that he couldn't crack the roster of one the teams with the worst depth around. Just... come on.

Sure, it's the Oilers, and their management is ****. But everybody else, us included, said whatever, watched him leave the league, do anything but impress at any level, and there we go.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
If this team needs veteran leadership in the locker room then the whole thing should be blown up starting with the GM.

Well this is the GM trying to address the leadership void by adding 37 and 38 year old depth forwards while still trying to win with this core. It's a bandaid approach.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I would guess that the Ducks either tried to sign Wagner to an extension and he wanted too much money

That was the word, Murray tried to get an extension done but since it wasn't going to work out he exchanged rentals with the Islanders to change up the team chemistry/add leadership & experience.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
When the Ducks played the Islanders i thought Chimera looked like he at least had some wheels out there considering his age, maybe he'll help with cycling the puck & getting to pucks quicker ?

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
feels like they wanted to change the locker room. can't blame murray given the crap we saw the Last few nights.

doesnt mean we will be a better team just possibly some more professionals for what looks like a bunch of guys not bringing it to the rink each night

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
oh and I really hate this trade. we needed a much bigger shakeup to our d.

Corey Perry is not a 1st line winger anymore and probably barely a 3rd line winger.

until we can figure out a way to move that albatross we are in trouble.

ZzZz

Dec 22, 2017
That was the word, Murray tried to get an extension done but since it wasn't going to work out he exchanged rentals with the Islanders to change up the team chemistry/add leadership & experience.

If only he could have added that without taking away foot speed and physical presence. (2/3 of the things you actually want on the 4th line, shot blocking being the third which Wagner was willing to do also) Veteran leadership is nice, but there are enough roster spots given to guys who are likely in their last NHL season as it is.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I’m a pretty frequent basher here but to me Perry is at least driving to the net and making plays while the passenger list grew the past couple games

Silfv is just bad. He must be injured
Kes looks a ways from being himself, probably should be rested more often
And I’ll just post comments from Randy’s last season here and with the leafs, it’s all repeating so just look there!!

Happy with our goalies but kind of wish they hadn’t stolen so many points so there was some urgency in management to do something.

Reactions: AngelDuck

rmarion

Jun 2, 2007
in my eyes last year...Wags switched another gear in the Playoffs???? Bad trade IMO.... Im hoping B.M. makes us eat our words.... which is his "JOB"
B.M. does make more Good trades than crappy ones...

Reactions: pbgoalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad