Confirmed with Link: Wagner for Chimera

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Check my post in the prospects thread. That’s as close as I can find.

I think further back there's also some comments from his coach that suggest they think he's turning pro after this season. I'm also guessing it'll get attention from the insiders in the coming weeks now that the deadlines done and there's nothing to talk about. Donato is also kind of an interesting one as I believe he could go the Schultz route if he chose.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Wagner for rest of this season is a loss based on the crap they are playing on the 4th line now, but I don't think he's a loss beyond this season as he's not such a great 4th liner (especially in the last couple of months) that he should be taking up a spot over some of our good young forwards IMO. This is under the assumption Anaheim finds a coach who actually realises a 4th line is more then a 5 minute a night grinder's line.

Hopefully Wagner's budgeted salary goes to Grant, then the likes of Terry(hopefully)/Kosilla/Jones/Kerdiles/Roy fight for the other spots on that 4th line. When you have a line like Cogs-Kesler-Silf (assuming Silf isn't traded) you don't need another defensive grinders line.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Wagner for rest of this season is a loss based on the crap they are playing on the 4th line now, but I don't think he's a loss beyond this season as he's not such a great 4th liner (especially in the last couple of months) that he should be taking up a spot over some of our good young forwards IMO. This is under the assumption Anaheim finds a coach who actually realises a 4th line is more then a 5 minute a night grinder's line.

Hopefully Wagner's budgeted salary goes to Grant, then the likes of Terry(hopefully)/Kosilla/Jones/Kerdiles/Roy fight for the other spots on that 4th line. When you have a line like Cogs-Kesler-Silf (assuming Silf isn't traded) you don't need another defensive grinders line.

As long as RC is coach, I don't think you will see young scoring types on his 4th line. It's not in his DNA. Even if they were, playing 6 minutes a game would not really help their development.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
As long as RC is coach, I don't think you will see young scoring types on his 4th line. It's not in his DNA. Even if they were, playing 6 minutes a game would not really help their development.
The problem is that he's icing a 4th line that doesn't even do what his 4th lines are supposed to do (energy line that hits). We are icing an expansion team level 4th line - they're useless at all aspects of hockey. A real expansion draft team, not Vegas.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
Know what would have been really helpful last night, a strong PK guy to help stop those power play goals. Oh wait BM traded that player for speed. Joke.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
The problem is that he's icing a 4th line that doesn't even do what his 4th lines are supposed to do (energy line that hits). We are icing an expansion team level 4th line - they're useless at all aspects of hockey. A real expansion draft team, not Vegas.

True. I'd rather see Liambas running the other team through the boards than Kelly floating around.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
It's a little known fact that losing staged fights are the best way to win.

You're forgetting that Boll is a heavyweight.

We don't have anyone else on the team who could lose a fight to another heavyweight.

Reactions: Elf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad