Confirmed with Link: Wade Redden to help at Sens Development Camp

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Didn't know he had been in a player development role for the Preds.

Nice to get a guy like this who already has a little experience under his belt.

Reactions: Loach

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I remember his nickname in my circles was “Spatula” toward the end of his time here because he turned everything over. Really hope that particular aspect of his game doesn’t translate. But I dig the alum presence all the same.

Reactions: Five Alarm Fire

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Maybe give Methot a community role or something but the guy was not it on the ice. Karlsson made Kuba look good and Methot was getting dragged along as well.

Come on. When Karlsson's Achilles was severed, Methot stepped up on a pairing with Gryba that got the team in the playoffs. Are we supposed to believe that Gryba also carried Methot?

assennayo

Reactions: Sens With Benefits

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I think Wayne Gretzky has shown that skill on the ice doesn’t necessarily always translate to being a good teacher. I will hear of no Methot slander!
Yeah, I agree with this 100%.

Not sure how you can possibly assess who would be a good coach based on watching them play.

I'd say you have to have direct experience with a player and can vouch for their communication skills and generally their people skills to form any opinion on them as a coach.

Reactions: DrEasy

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Having said the above I am happy with Redden hire if for no reason other than it is another connection between todays Sens and the years when they were one of the best run franchises in the league.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think Redden is a good mentor for Sanderson, heck, Chabot too. His game was very much about smart decision making, positioning and puck movement, those two could learn a lot from him imo.

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
Loved Redden when he was here. He used to buy a box for sick kids from CHEO. He definitely dealt with some demons during his later years, but I am super happy to have him back.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
If you want to know what he’s been up to, Wally and Methot had him on last summer, one of my favourite guests they have had on.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Yeah, I agree with this 100%.

Not sure how you can possibly assess who would be a good coach based on watching them play.

I'd say you have to have direct experience with a player and can vouch for their communication skills and generally their people skills to form any opinion on them as a coach.
If he's been developing Nashville defensemen, then i have 0 qualms with him in any sort of role with our defensemen.

Not sure why Methot is being brought up in any form, but guy is super likable so I find it strange he's getting flack.

SensFan1010

Dec 18, 2019
I think seeing a lot of old sens vets coming back shows what a great culture we actually have on our team.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I will be but will probably spend more than the 25.50. You gonna come have a beer with me ?
I would have a beer and would prob grab extra tickets.

Has there ever been a HF meet up at a game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad