GDT: W @ P 1230

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Kinda hard to blame goaltending here when the Caps scored 1 goal in each of the past 2 games.

Caps offense is a dud right now, but Sammy is giving up early deflating goals. If the goaltending was better as it should be and the offense is in a funk, then you go back to the basics and try to score goals by going hard to the net. Shoot for pucks on net for rebounds and stop trying to make fancy plays. Caps offense is drying up because they are trying too much to create fancy plays instead of keeping it simple and just shooting the puck on net.

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Didn't someone say it's good thing to face adversity in the regular season?

Cup it is then, because they just hit a new low.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
He played fairly good for the last 2 periods. Both Flyers goals were soft in that 1st period.
Those 2 goals were unforgivable. He has a pattern of coming up with big saves after he has already handed control of the game to the opponent. It’s like he can’t play well until he takes the pressure of f***ing up off himself by f***ing up. He’s a head case and we really need to be done with him.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I imagine they’ll be around 85-90% odds to make the playoffs after tomorrow’s numbers update though it feels lower given the trend of the team.

They can’t wait any longer to make a move.

Peeri

Jan 13, 2016
Western Finland
I imagine they’ll be around 85-90% odds to make the playoffs after tomorrow’s numbers update though it feels lower given the trend of the team.

They can’t wait any longer to make a move.
87% at moneypucks, went down from 98,5 in spawn of few weeks. And dropping fast...

Reactions: twabby

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
I mean we have ovi, kuzy, Sammy, Orlov, etc... and they have family in a country at legit war right now.

We were sucking before - and yes they are professionals - but being the team with basically most Russians in nhl - and a lot of them our top players - it’s to be expected their heads won’t be 100% focused on hockey right now.

I mean there’s literally things that are 3838282929299393925857392 times more important to them right now.

just stick around & make the playoffs. We’ve learned that how you play start and middle of season doesn’t matter anyways. It’s about how you’re playing end of year. Just get in and in hockey it’s a brand new season when playoffs start.

for now, I don’t expect our team to be focused on hockey as we need our top players - and our top players in lineup are a lot of Russians. No coach should be telling them to focus just on hockey too. Life > game. Life off the ice > life on ice.

Just going to have to battle thru this rut we are in.

Not to be like that but there is no Ukraine military threat to Russia. Their families are not at any risk whatsoever

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Im putting my hopes on them faking ineptness to surprise everyone in the playoffs. Now the pp works but the rest sucks.
2022 playbook:
call-an-ambulance-call-an-ambulance-but-not-for-me.gif

Reactions: searle

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Next 6 games: TOR, CAR, SEA, @ CGY, @ EDM, @ VAN

Probably only the favorites in one of those games at this point.

After that stretch they have two divisional games against NYI and CBJ.

Things could get very interesting very quickly.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I didn't get to see the game, so I just want to know: were they once again the better team at 5v5 :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad