GDT: W @ P 1230

Status
Not open for further replies.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
This is just a bad team that got embarrassed by an even worse team a couple days after getting completely outclassed by a division opponent

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Can’t even beat the Flyers. I have said those claiming we won’t make the playoffs are insane. Maybe I need to see a psychiatrist soon too.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I was pretty confident that if they did not score early they wouldn’t score at all.

There is no facet of hockey in which Carlson’s game has not been trash the last month or so.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Say what you want about Sammy but this offense is completely f***ing inept. Can't expect him or anyone in net to win when you can't give them run support.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Sammie looked good. Other than that, well it's pathetic to lose to the Flyers.

Sammy is our goalie version of Mike Green. Will make flashy plays now and then but they're offset by clunkers.

He's leaky and puts himself out of position way too often. This team is going to crash and burn in the playoffs without more stable goaltending. I don't care if we score 3-4 goals a game, at that level of intensity the other team will find a way to score 1 more.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
I feel bad for the caps fans who braved watching this in person in Philly. Drunk flyers fans will be relentless…

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Forget Fleury, why have we not gotten James Reimer - who would be an obvious upgrade over the head case we’ve been unsuccessfully trying all year to make our #1 goalie

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Sammy is our goalie version of Mike Green. Will make flashy plays now and then but they're offset by clunkers.

He's leaky and puts himself out of position way too often. This team is going to crash and burn in the playoffs without more stable goaltending. I don't care if we score 3-4 goals a game, at that level of intensity the other team will find a way to score 1 more.

No disagreement here.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
The precipitous decline has coincided with the return of Backstrom and even more so with Oshie. Yeah Oshie scored a PP goal but he was largely inept 5x5. We’re stuck with these guys.

Reactions: gogensgo

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia

Do you have any doubt the caps will make the playoffs? Serious question I just like to hear your input

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA

Bring back Holtby. All we can do for the moment. These young kids we have in goal at the moment don't have it.

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Do you have any doubt the caps will make the playoffs? Serious question I just like to hear your input

I'd be surprised if they missed but it's not impossible.

They're about .500 with Backstrom in the lineup this year. That's enough to tread water in the standings, I think.

Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
4 more years of him
The forward ineptitude is affecting the defensemen. I think they’re being asked to do too much, which would explain the decline of other guys like TVR and to a lesser extent Fever. Everything from shaky backchecking to forwards not making themselves available for outlet passes to a dearth of forwards capable of carrying the puck up ice, leaving a lot of that responsibility on d-men.

It’s striking to me how we literally have one forward on the entire team capable of beating anyone one on one, whether with speed, strength, reach, or great hands. So opponents are always in defensive position.

Reactions: Capitals40

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
That playoff gap is getting smaller. What a collapse that would be. One for the ages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad