Pre-Game Talk: vs Flames/ vent about current slide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I think Guds and Mitchell need to be separated except during the pk. I posted this a while back, dont think we should overload the two most talented DMan on the same pair (unless pk).

Kulikov Ekblad
Campbell Gudbranson
Mitchell Petro.

Too much ice time for Mitchell and Gudbranson. Need to break that pair up.

And yes that article is a good read. Funny enough, just by eye test a ton of people here brought this up here.

Its so mind numbingly obvious what has been going on, beyond Thornton really. But yet, people will continue to defend GG.

"Would send out a line on short rest."

"We roll 4 lines"

and so on

I agree that shaking up the defense would be a good idea. Although, pairing Mitchell with Petro scares me a bit.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I agree that shaking up the defense would be a good idea. Although, pairing Mitchell with Petro scares me a bit.

It makes me take a step back too but I think the benefit would be great, ESPECIALLY for Gudbranson.

I think Soups can maybe make Guds look better Offensively.

Petro's mistakes can be plugged up by Mitchell pretty well too, and this gives us two legitimate pairs offensively.

Kulikov could score more with an Ekblad or Soups

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Well a 5 game losing streak where (during the last 3 games) they've looked like the Sabres from last year is probably the reason.

If it had been a 5-game losing streak WITH Barkov and Bolland in the lineup, I would have understood. But with our best player missing, hardly.

The depressing part is that nobody can fill the hole Barky leaves. But they will be better once he returns.

oOwlCat

FL > TN
Jun 24, 2010
Nashville, TN
I've been saying for a while now that Gallant is a terrible coach. Hate his post game smiles as we're losing game after game. His management of his players and his system in general are awful. He's not a good motivator.

I honestly don't see any good NHL coaching qualities in him

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I've been saying for a while now that Gallant is a terrible coach. Hate his post game smiles as we're losing game after game. His management of his players and his system in general are awful. He's not a good motivator.

I honestly don't see any good NHL coaching qualities in him

Couldn't agree with you more. Like he doesn't give a ****. "6-7mins of bad effort, but overall a real good effort". What are you smoking!?

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I agree about Gallant...he sugar coats everything. The only negative thing he's said so far this season was about Luongo in the Anaheim game saying he could have played better...are you serious? If it weren't for Lu and Monty, we'd be lucky to have 1 or 2 wins right now.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
What are the better coaching altneratives right now?

I'm really tired of bringing in these unproven guys from the minors. We need someone who has won a stanley cup before.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I agree about Gallant...he sugar coats everything. The only negative thing he's said so far this season was about Luongo in the Anaheim game saying he could have played better...are you serious? If it weren't for Lu and Monty, we'd be lucky to have 1 or 2 wins right now.

Would it be possible that GG is a coach that protects his team at all costs in front of the media while he believes that a guy like Lu needs every kind of motivation to excel - might it be pointing him out or praising him?

We don't know what is going on in the background and in the locker room. Maybe they actually had a talk prior to this.

His comments do seem odd at times and he might be completely off. Only the players and the rest of the coaching staff could shed light into this

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Would it be possible that GG is a coach that protects his team at all costs in front of the media while he believes that a guy like Lu needs every kind of motivation to excel - might it be pointing him out or praising him?

We don't know what is going on in the background and in the locker room. Maybe they actually had a talk prior to this.

His comments do seem odd at times and he might be completely off. Only the players and the rest of the coaching staff could shed light into this

The post loss smile thing is a matter of style.

You like it or you don't.

in a 5 game losing streak, I as a paying fan dont.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
The post loss smile thing is a matter of style.

You like it or you don't.

in a 5 game losing streak, I as a paying fan dont.

Absolutely fair. It doesn't seem very fitting at this point.

But maybe he is just smiling to be seeing Barky again on the ice... and we actually never see the faces of the journalists. Looking at Harvey Fialkov would keep me laughing all the time :sarcasm:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
If it had been a 5-game losing streak WITH Barkov and Bolland in the lineup, I would have understood. But with our best player missing, hardly.

The depressing part is that nobody can fill the hole Barky leaves. But they will be better once he returns.
I don't agree because for 4 games (Dallas, Colorado, Boston, Washington) they looked great without Barkov. He would not have helped at all the last 3 games, they were crushed by all 3 teams. Yeah the Ducks game was close in score, but it was a massacre in every other facet.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Thornton apparently in tonight.

...and now GR says he thinks Thornton is scratched.

Last edited:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
If the Panthers miss the playoffs Tallon will be fired. I really doubt Tallon has the power at this point to fire another coach (not that that would happen soon, it's so early). Gallant is here for this year 100%.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Very interesting quotes by Kulikov. Makes you wonder where the leadership is and what all that "character" is doing in the room. Then Gallant says the opposite. Is Gallant this out of touch? He is in la la land it seems.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
What did he say?

Read from bottom to top....

Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 19m19 minutes ago
and defensemen are trying, so you can’t really point fingers at whoevers not doing their job you just have to help out your teammates...
1 retweet 2 likes
Reply Retweet 1
Like 2
More
individually the last couple of games when we allowed two or more goals. Everyone should realize that the forwards are trying ...
1 retweet 1 like
Reply Retweet 1
Like 1
More
Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 20m20 minutes ago
Kuli said the last two games we "kind of slid off our path right now and *****ing at one another. It seems like everybody started playing
1 retweet 1 like
Reply Retweet 1
Like 1
More
Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 21m21 minutes ago
Kulikov said "if it's not going good for them you can't *****, you have to encourage or do more yourself, so lead by example.'' #flapanthers
2 retweets 1 like
Reply Retweet 2
Like 1
More
Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 22m22 minutes ago
Kuli told me "we didn't have leaders that are leading by example,'' including himself. "you can't really point fingers ... #flapanthers
1 retweet 4 likes
Reply Retweet 1
Like 4
More
Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 24m24 minutes ago
Kulikov very honest in his assessment of last two games. He told me there's been too much "*****in'' at each other #flapanthers
6 retweets 5 likes

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Read from bottom to top....

and defensemen are trying, so you can’t really point fingers at whoevers not doing their job you just have to help out your teammates...
1 retweet 2 likes
Reply Retweet 1
Like 2
More
individually the last couple of games when we allowed two or more goals. Everyone should realize that the forwards are trying ...
1 retweet 1 like
Reply Retweet 1
Like 1
More
Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 20m20 minutes ago
Kuli said the last two games we "kind of slid off our path right now and *****ing at one another. It seems like everybody started playing
1 retweet 1 like
Reply Retweet 1
Like 1
More
Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 21m21 minutes ago
Kulikov said "if it's not going good for them you can't *****, you have to encourage or do more yourself, so lead by example.'' #flapanthers
2 retweets 1 like
Reply Retweet 2
Like 1
More
Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 22m22 minutes ago
Kuli told me "we didn't have leaders that are leading by example,'' including himself. "you can't really point fingers ... #flapanthers
1 retweet 4 likes
Reply Retweet 1
Like 4
More
Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 24m24 minutes ago
Kulikov very honest in his assessment of last two games. He told me there's been too much "*****in'' at each other #flapanthers
6 retweets 5 likes

A little concerning.

Anyway, back to the game. We win 6-2, and everyone is happy again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad