Pre-Game Talk: vs Flames/ vent about current slide

Status
Not open for further replies.

catEye

The Barkov Era
Dec 27, 2008
Miami, FL.
Gallant post game interview all smiling "I'm not unhappy other than 6-7 minutes in the 2nd period. I think we played a great 1rst period and good 3rd period"

Da ****!

sounds alot like a Joe Philbin 2.0, Lets give them more ice cream to snap out of it.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
It might be worthwhile to break up Jagr and Huberdeau.

Trocheck and Jagr ?

He needs ice eaters. Id go Smith and Bjugstad

Bjuggy is our best possession center with Barky out. Thats not saying much though. Bjuggy, Tro, Bolland have not been good with possession. In fact, Dmac has been better in that regard

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
So my thoughts are:

• Play Kampfer, he may spark the offense, you never know, and I think our defensive pairings need a shakeup for sure.
  • Kulikov deserves some more ice time. In fact, the idea that Mitchell and Gudbranson have some of the most D ice time is awful.
  • Give Vincent Trocheck a shot at the top line. I know it seems like a lot, but he's having a great start to the season and I think would have much better chemistry with Huberdeau and Jagr. Bjugstad is much more of a shooter than him, so I don't think the pairing is as good.
  • Do not let Thornton play, period. There's too many good, young, talented players we can use in his place and/or call up to be wasting a spot on him. He's a last resort.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Coaches say stuff to be media they don't mean to not throw people under the bus, I doubt Gallant really believes they played well. The Ducks and Kings game looked like 60 minute PPs for them.
I agree and I don't get why everybody is panicking.
Well a 5 game losing streak where (during the last 3 games) they've looked like the Sabres from last year is probably the reason.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
"What exactly are we talking about here? The Panthers are using their top offensive talent in defensive roles, and their least offensively talented players in offensive situations."

Sit. thornton. down.

Its an excellent article and brings up serious questions about our coaches.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Bolland being back is very positive news. The Sharks and Kings top line ran over Florida without him.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Bolland being back is very positive news. The Sharks and Kings top line ran over Florida without him.

Yeah, pretty much.

It was nice not to be on the PK though. Although without him, it seemed like we were on the PK all the time, even when it was 5 on 5!

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Great data driven article. Hard to defend Gallant after reading that. We could easily improve our chances to have a better offense. What in the world...

What's worse is the Panthers actually have an analytics guy...think his name is Brian McDonald or something like that.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I think Guds and Mitchell need to be separated except during the pk. I posted this a while back, dont think we should overload the two most talented DMan on the same pair (unless pk).

Kulikov Ekblad
Campbell Gudbranson
Mitchell Petro.

Too much ice time for Mitchell and Gudbranson. Need to break that pair up.

And yes that article is a good read. Funny enough, just by eye test a ton of people here brought this up here.

Its so mind numbingly obvious what has been going on, beyond Thornton really. But yet, people will continue to defend GG.

"Would send out a line on short rest."

"We roll 4 lines"

and so on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad