Voracek

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Curious if you have the stats for Seguin over that same 82 regular season span.

Updated to include all three players last 82 as of this moment:

Regular season:

Crosby: 104 points
Giroux: 101 points
Seguin: 93 points
Voracek: 89 points

Regular + postseason:

Giroux: 95 points
Crosby: 94 points
Seguin: 92 points
Voracek: 83 points

EDIT: updated to include Voracek since the thread is about him!

Last edited:

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Last year, when I watched the Flyers I would think, Voracek is the guy who makes it go for them. When he is on, he's the guy who runs it all for that team. But, he's streaky (this was me last season)...he's not always on, and when he isn't they aren't going anywhere. Well, so far this year he's been on all the time. They just need some guys to step up on the blueline, and get more consistent goaltending (I know right), but Voracek is having a major breakthrough here. It's not so much that he is taking it to another level, because I've seen this level from him before, but it's there so much more regularly now.

You don't know. Mason has been lights out this season, he's just getting no help at all.

mantis toboggan

Aug 2, 2009
South Jersey
2 more points tonight, 8 in his last 3 games.

I've watched every game jake has played as a flyer. After losing 10 pounds in the offseason, he finally looks like he has put it all together. I'm not saying he will continue this blistering 100+ pace (it would be awesome if he did tho! ) but he looks like he will be at least an 80-85 point player going forward.

I am truly amazed that he is able to do what he does game in and game out. Nearly every time the puck is on his stick something good happens. Opposing players cannot get the puck away from him. All season he looks like he can just do as he pleases out there. And he doesn't look like he's playing above his talent level. It looks like he could keep this up maybe even for good.

I'm so happy for the guy, he works so hard night in and night out, he deserevs this. Go jake!

Last edited:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I like Voracek, remember reading Future Greats and Heart Breaks and he seems like such a genuinely nice person.

He deserves everything he has gotten this year.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Giroux and Voracek are turning into the best duo the Flyer have had since Lindros and LeClair. Watching that line go to work is a real treat.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I'm watching all Flyers games

This guy is way underrated..I'll take him over Giroux on my team :nod:

Ehhh, no. Voracek has been better this year slightly but I wouldn't bank on him being consistently better. Voracek has more physical tools but the hockey IQ separates Giroux from him IMO.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Wait so people think Voracek is as good as Giroux but not as good as Jamie Friggin Benn?

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Yeah as good as G and V are I think Forsberg and Gagne are better, simply because Gagne Was the best goal scorer of the 4 and Forsberg was the best playmaker and player. Just a better combo.

Someone once told me Simon Gagne was the purest goal scorer Forsberg ever played with...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad