Injury Report: Vlasic

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Jumbo got suspended even though DoPS said there was nothing he could have done to prevent Perron from being short. I'm sure they could have managed to pull something out of their asses like they have before.

No suspensions means no one will pull back the next time they meet. Should be a fun game?

Rivalry. Ratings. Win.

SharkieFan

Sep 17, 2008
I'd like to see simek or Bergman. All our other young D men have been fantastic, let's hope for another one

You don't want to see Simek. He's not ready for the NHL. I think he will be (I've only seen him live in the couple of home games they've played so far). Like virtually every AHL player, he'll look really good one shift, and then the next you're wondering how he could possibly do something so dumb. But in the few games I've watched, the good does outweigh the bad.. he just needs some time.

Reactions: RockyMTNShark

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I am fairly certain that the DoPS is being harder on slashes/hooks because they are going with the thinking/assumption that these are deliberate and easy to call. The hits like Johansen's on Vlasic, though a lot more dangerous are harder to prove that they had intent and were deliberate. It got called as a 2 minute boarding call, which I though was fair after seeing the replay. The lack of supplemental discipline did not surprise me but I thought that he would atleast get a hearing.

Either way, the main thing is that Vlasic gets well as soon as possible.
Isn't an injury on in boarding call supposed to be 5 minutes?

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
You don't want to see Simek. He's not ready for the NHL. I think he will be (I've only seen him live in the couple of home games they've played so far). Like virtually every AHL player, he'll look really good one shift, and then the next you're wondering how he could possibly do something so dumb. But in the few games I've watched, the good does outweigh the bad.. he just needs some time.

Yeah, I don't think any of the Cuda defensemen are ready to make the NHL jump, so hopefully we don't have to go that route anytime soon.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Isn't an injury on in boarding call supposed to be 5 minutes?

That's generally the applied standard but it's not explicitly stated as such. Basically, the major penalty is based on the violence of the impact to the boards but had the major been called, the ref would've been forced to give Johansen the game misconduct penalty due to the injury. It's probably why along with the fact that at full speed, the hit didn't look all that violent.

Last edited:

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Do I have a problem with no suspension? Only in the fact that past evidence shows that if a Shark had done it there would be one. And certainly, if a Shark had done it to any teams poster boy, be it Crosby or Mathews etc... can you imagine. That's been my problem with the NHL and still is. Our stars have never been given deference.

Reactions: slocal

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Has Bergman regressed? He looked pretty good last year. What about DiSimone? He was fantastic last year in the playoffs.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Certainly better with pickles in and Anaheim is depleted but the d looked sorta serviceable, if Dillon gets comfy with braun even better.

Heed is becoming a big revelation, guy is making things happen.

SharkieFan

Sep 17, 2008
Has Bergman regressed? He looked pretty good last year. What about DiSimone? He was fantastic last year in the playoffs.

Bergman might be the only defenseman who has looked good at all. They had him on the PP early and he wasn't super impressive there, but he's a steady presence on the back end for the 'Cuda. He takes too many penalties, but part of that might be that he's facing tougher lines this year with Ryan and Heed in San Jose.

DiSimone is harder to gauge, since I've only seen him in the few home games this season. I listen to the road games on the radio, so it's hard to really judge his play based on that. I was looking forward to seeing him in person again yesterday to get a better feel for him this season, but he was one of our scratches last night. He's not contributed offensively, except for 1 assist, but none of our defensemen are really contributing much there, so that's not a big surprise. I was high on DiSimone after last year's playoffs too, so I'm not sure exactly what he's missing right now...

SharkieFan

Sep 17, 2008
How's Roy?

I've liked him, at least what I've seen of him. He was scratched at least of our games (maybe 2), so it's a small sample size. He was one who stood out to me in the last home game. They played a really good game overall, and still I noticed him a few times. He plays a pretty physical game - he definitely plays bigger than the 6'0" and 185 that they have him listed at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad