Injury Report: Vlasic

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
If no one posted a gif on the main board, did the hit actually happen?

Munnyro

Jul 15, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Link to the hit.

Our defense has been great but Vlasic will cause some lines to shift. I wonder if we'll see DeMelo or Bergman step in. The next depth left D is Simek.

wishman

Jan 20, 2007
Certainly not close to the dirtiest hit I've ever seen. Johansson mostly trying to just rub him out and ended up with head contact as Vlasic didn't see hit coming and kept head in a vulnerable position. Don't think its suspension worthy at all.

Hopefully Martin is ready to come back in which I'd go with the following pairs:
Ryan - Burns
Martin - Braun
Dillon - Heed

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Link to the hit.

Our defense has been great but Vlasic will cause some lines to shift. I wonder if we'll see DeMelo or Bergman step in. The next depth left D is Simek.

I'd like to see simek or Bergman. All our other young D men have been fantastic, let's hope for another one

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I didn't see that hit as being that terrible. It looked like he missed the shoulder more than targeting the head. Like I would've understood supplemental discipline but I understand why there isn't.

Herschel

Dec 8, 2009
Certainly not close to the dirtiest hit I've ever seen. Johansson mostly trying to just rub him out and ended up with head contact as Vlasic didn't see hit coming and kept head in a vulnerable position. Don't think its suspension worthy at all.

This is the current flaw in hockey culture. Johansson missed and blame is shifted to Vlasic for not see the hit coming or keeping his head in a bad position.

The blame needs to be firmly on Johansson for delivering a bad body check?

Reactions: Vaasa and Phu

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
That's ****ing bull****. The DoPS has been a joke for a long time now, a blatant shot to the head and we're not getting suspensions? **** the Preds and **** the NHL for not doing anything about blatant hits to the head.

B-b-bbut slashes need to be called, even when the offender just love taps the other player's stick!

The DoPS is such a joke because of their tunnel vision.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Im not angry at all this didnt get a suspension. Looked like a clumsy play, not a purposeful, targeted hit. Bummed that Vlasic is out though. Good thing we have the reinforcements to not need him to rush

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
B-b-bbut slashes need to be called, even when the offender just love taps the other player's stick!

The DoPS is such a joke because of their tunnel vision.
I am fairly certain that the DoPS is being harder on slashes/hooks because they are going with the thinking/assumption that these are deliberate and easy to call. The hits like Johansen's on Vlasic, though a lot more dangerous are harder to prove that they had intent and were deliberate. It got called as a 2 minute boarding call, which I though was fair after seeing the replay. The lack of supplemental discipline did not surprise me but I thought that he would atleast get a hearing.

Either way, the main thing is that Vlasic gets well as soon as possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad