Player Discussion Vladislav Namestnikov

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Lame Name...but honestly he has been a bit edgy....and on the receiving end of some nasty shots..Radulov to face...hits pylon in the chops...and then against Sens smashed in the nuts...I'll take a 3rd for him no retention and call it a day.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
They should trade Zucc. Make a decision on Hayes and likely thats it for the forward group this season.

I think Namestnikov has had some bad luck. A bit of an up and down season. I would rather deal him at the 2020 deadline giving him more time to increase his value.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Vladdy is on pace for 31 points over an 82 games season. This is after his incredibly slow start. He plays the game hard and battles all over the ice. Plays in all situations and honestly, is like having another fast out there. I wasn't expecting much more than 35 points when he was acquired so this is about in line with where I see him fining his groove. His play outside of the points he puts up is valuable.

I'd like to say the same thing for Ryan Strome. They're smart players all over the ice.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I like seeing the people who usually shit on Mika now shit on his linemates for the opportunity to shit on a Russian player.

Very AV.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
Just think this guy deserves a bump. Just getting to catch the game now and I’m really impressed. He’s really asserting himself and setting himself up for great scoring chances. Really looks a lot more confident then when we first got him.

Reactions: Ori and Machinehead

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Just think this guy deserves a bump. Just getting to catch the game now and I’m really impressed. He’s really asserting himself and setting himself up for great scoring chances. Really looks a lot more confident then when we first got him.
He just had to get through the grieving process of losing Stamkos and Kucherov.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
A good game for him last night - he was one of our most active forwards and with a good deflection goal from Brady Skjei. Maybe Nam can improve a lot with Kratsov for sure so Jeff Gorton should wait with him and just build value he has a two years contract so no hurry.

Namestnikov has silently 4 points in his last 5 games with limited ice time - I expected him to step up some levels after Zucc was moved in this TDL. So I`ve been happy with him recently.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I made this point before. What I am seeing is a turnaround of play similar to the effect that Keenan had on Olli Jokinen. Now, if he can continue to have some more production, then he can make himself a part of the solution long term. He has to produce offense to justify the price tag.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad