Player Discussion Vladislav Namestnikov

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I'd be shocked if both spooner and namestnikov are nyr next yr.

Honestly I'd be fine trading both for draft picks. Can u move spooner and a late first to Edmonton for their first? Can you move namestnikov and another late first to Dallas for their first?

I'd rather be picking something like 5 9 and 13 than 9 25 and 26

You can then seriously overhaul the entire club going forward and have cap space to take on a nightmare contract for a high draft pick.

Completely agree. That would be an offer that is too good to not take. Trading up from the 25-31 range into the top-10 by adding Spooner or Namestnikov is definitely something I'd celebrate

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I don't think we can move into the top 15 with these kind of deals Inferno.
Maybe...id add if need be.

Those r the kinda of teams that need nhl ready talent to play In their top 9...dropping down 15 spots to get a 20 goal scorer...its at least in the ballpark imho

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I'd be shocked if both spooner and namestnikov are nyr next yr.

Honestly I'd be fine trading both for draft picks. Can u move spooner and a late first to Edmonton for their first? Can you move namestnikov and another late first to Dallas for their first?

I'd rather be picking something like 5 9 and 13 than 9 25 and 26

You can then seriously overhaul the entire club going forward and have cap space to take on a nightmare contract for a high draft pick.

we can, but with our scouts I am afraid that will be a very low return for these solid 2nd/3rd liners. Our scouts thought Etem and Gropp were good players. They also wasted tons of picks by drafting a ton of goalies...

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
we can, but with our scouts I am afraid that will be a very low return for these solid 2nd/3rd liners. Our scouts thought Etem and Gropp were good players. They also wasted tons of picks by drafting a ton of goalies...
Goalies are always a numbers game...gotta draft 10 to find 1 good one.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
How would you rangers fans like a deal around this for Names.

Oilers 2018 2nd (in 30s)
Kassian (cap)
Tyler Benson

Oilers get a win now piece that compliments elite players well (Mcdavid, Drai) and Rangers get rebuilding pieces.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC

Oilers 2018 2nd (in 30s)
Kassian (cap)
Tyler Benson

Oilers get a win now piece that compliments elite players well (Mcdavid, Drai) and Rangers get rebuilding pieces.
Don't know much about Benson. What is his potential?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Oilers 2018 2nd (in 30s)
Kassian (cap)
Tyler Benson

Not enough. They could get more at the trade deadline.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I hope he is here next season, but it`s very hard to predict - maybe tempting for Gorton to move him.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA

Oilers 2018 2nd (in 30s)
Kassian (cap)
Tyler Benson

Chiarelli.

Add draisaitl to make it more up his alley

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
Not to take away all that Miller has done, but any decent top 6 or even top 9 winger could be a point per game player on a line with Kucherov and Stamkos. How many of the goals have been tap ins on brilliant passes? You're talking about two players that have combined for 183 points in 153 games

And despite his production he's still somehow managed to be a -1 since being traded there.

Same way Kevin Stevens put up 50+ goals with Mario and Sundstrom scored 24 with the Great One - never to come close again. Miller is DUMB. There is no cure for stupid.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Said it for a month. Namestnikov and Spooner will be used to move up in the draft from their later first rounders. Buchnevich might also. He's soft. Gorton stated the team was soft and there will be changes.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Not to take away all that Miller has done, but any decent top 6 or even top 9 winger could be a point per game player on a line with Kucherov and Stamkos. How many of the goals have been tap ins on brilliant passes? You're talking about two players that have combined for 183 points in 153 games

And despite his production he's still somehow managed to be a -1 since being traded there.

Those are two great players on JT's line but a few things come to mind right away.

1. TB would not put JT with those players in the playoffs unless they felt he could contribute well to that line.
2. JT scoring 20 plus goals and 50 plus points is not exactly new. He did it for us as well.
3. I'm sure TB and many other teams saw a ton to like in JT and that is why they traded for him. Young big proven scorer who can skate, is a very good passer and not afraid to play physical. That is the type of guy most teams in the NHL look to acquire.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Has he impressed anyone with his play?

Impressed? Nah. But could be a useful player? Perhaps.

Reminds of me of Lars Eller. Will never put up big offensive numbers but a guy who can carry the puck and help drive play up the ice.

Probably a guy you have on your 3rd line if you're contending in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad