Confirmed with Link: Vladislav Gavrikov signs 2 year contract extension

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
If Blake went Cup-WCF-Cup before this, he could f*** a tailpipe in the middle of the 101 at rush hour in his Sharks jersey with a Kings "C" in his hand and he'd still be enshrined.

There's a reason he's taking a beating.

Been away and not trying to avoid any comments.
True. Once 2012 and 2014 cups were hoisted, I felt pretty satisfied and can bask in the glory
of those forevermore. Without Dean, would not have been possible. As time goes on, I still
hunger for a cup, or at least beat edm, LV, Avs, etc. in the palyoffs. At least that would be a good thing. Dean had so many shrewd acquisitions and signings. I was just pointing out his last 3 yrs were just no adds of any significance and those were 3 prime yrs of the 4 cornerstone players...
5, if you count Carter.

I just get tired of how could Blake have given Cal 5 million? Cal's numbers were pretty respectible and he seemed solid...plus was World Championships goalie of the tournment that offseason... Cal's the one that faltered. Walker? He was worth 2.65 million, pretty much,
But maybe, they didn't have to draft and trade for so many RHD.

When Blake gets Fiala in his pirme, locks him up at 7.9 longterm, locks up Kempe at 5.5 !! (possibly worth 7 mil atm) gets Mikey to sign at 1 mil, to be able to work last yrs cap as best as possible...and then gets him 8 yrs at 4.1 million,...and Gavrikov's hard stance 'I'm going FA July 1'. And then
Blake makes deals Cal and Walker in as good as a deal for them can be hoped...he still gets shtted on and like he created the mess, by signing Cal to 5 million?

The overall price in assets moved / dollars to get Danault, Arvidsson, Fiala, Gavrikov is still looking good. Kempe at 5.5, Mikey 4.1, Fiala at 7.9, Gavrikov at 5.875 looking pretty good. Kempe probably could have got 6.5 if he waited a few months. Mikey perhaps closer to 5. Fiala has 100 pt potential, if he ever gets a legit center and could then be more like a 9.5 mil player. Contract wise, it's more an anchor to have DD at 11 and Kopi at 10. The biggest key for cap moves post 23-24, is what happens with Kopi. That 10 mil should go to his succesor, if possible. If Kopi signs again, it should be 1 yr...2 tops and at a King-sided value.

The state of the current situation is not all Blake....but shared by TMAC, the Dev staff and Yannetti and his staff, honestly - in equal parts. It should be an interesting Summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: funky and Gjwrams

Soapdodger

Dec 31, 2007
I personally like the two year deal especially at that cap hit.
I thought he would get a retirement contract and these hardly ever age well.
In two years we should have more cap space to give him an extension or trade him if we can replace him with a younger player.
If his performance declines the Kings are not burdened with an albatross contract.
So there is very few to complain about

Reactions: Moses Doughty

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
In a perfect world, we would have him for 3-4 years. But i'd rather have him slightly less years than too many. Two years is much better than a 7-8 year deal.

Maybe we get lucky and we exchange one Russian LHD for another in 2 years (Gavrikov exit and KK in).

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i'm surprised by the hate on severson, not everyone's cup of tea but he's not the trash people are making him out to be on the main board. it's overpay but not criminal

8 years though.........

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
I personally like the two year deal especially at that cap hit.
I thought he would get a retirement contract and these hardly ever age well.
In two years we should have more cap space to give him an extension or trade him if we can replace him with a younger player.
If his performance declines the Kings are not burdened with an albatross contract.
So there is very few to complain about
I agree - Blake made some mistakes but he hasn't signed guys to ridiculous terms/contract amounts. Gives us more flexibility. Have we lost some draft capital? Yes...but are window is open so we need to get key pieces that take us to the next level. How much longer until the season starts? :P

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
i'm surprised by the hate on severson, not everyone's cup of tea but he's not the trash people are making him out to be on the main board. it's overpay but not criminal

8 years though.........
Cap is projected to be in the 90M range next year.

So it makes some sense to "overpay" on big LTC's right now.

Reactions: tny760

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad