Confirmed with Link: Vladislav Gavrikov signs 2 year contract extension

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Gavrikov is the big winner. Gets a short-term big money deal to play for a team with a couple of years left to try and win, and then after that can go wherever he wants and still get another big money contract to take him into retirement. Sign for 6 years and you are at the mercy of Blake or whoever the Kings GM is when the tear down begins again in a couple of years, and there isn't another big contract after that one.

Leverage is a powerful thing for an agent to have.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
I would prefer not to have certain players on the Kings, but what the hell, he can get the two Cups here & then go away.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
It is a good deal any way you slice it. They were going to have to overpay, I am glad they didn't lock themselves into something crazy with too much term at an inflated price. This gives Gavrikov time to prove it and earn a long term deal at that price and the Kings flexibility to where if he doesn't work out or if contention falls through they can deal him or get out from it before it is too late.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
About 5.6M in cap space left. Need to sign:

Vilardi
Goaltender
JAD
Kupari

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
The path was painful and somewhat costly....but Gavrikov is 80% better than Chychrun, McCabe, or the other deadline defensemen. He's tremendous. Period. He was on the oce for a few ES goals in the reg season...made Roy look like an allstar and Roy vice versa make Gavrikov look like an allstar....

and EVERY time Gavrikov activated, was more dangerous than ANY KING FORWARD, not named Kopitar, Fiala, Kempe. He's a star. Period. With more offensive upside...McCabe was like -8 for the Leafs in the playoffs! Chychrun pretty much is meh and will always have injuries. Was plus 5 vs Edmonton...going on memory...while DD and Mikey were minuses. Gav is the best defensemen on the Kings....PLEASE give Clarke some time with him, in preseason.

I'd love to see Gavrikov get some PP time and activate more. He had 8 goals and 25 assists a few seaosns ago.

Hate Blake. I don't care. But getting Danault, Arvidsson, Fiala, Gavrikov (Copley and Korpisalo?) has made this team better.
Sure, he's made some blunders.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Is this normal, big signing bonus back loaded on contract [ or is this front loaded] ?

Yr1-$775k base + $5.725M SB
Yr2-$775k base + $4.475M SB

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Is this normal, big signing bonus back loaded on contract [ or is this front loaded] ?

Yr1-$775k base + $5.725M SB
Yr2-$775k base + $4.475M SB
Front loaded I'm pretty sure.

I believe the idea is the player still gets all their money even if there's a lockout, because the salary is all paid upfront.

And money is more valuable as lump some.

So players prefer this kind of structure.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Front loaded I'm pretty sure.

I believe the idea is the player still gets all their money even if there's a lockout, because the salary is all paid upfront.

And money is more valuable as lump some.

So players prefer this kind of structure.

Thanks. :thumbu:

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
So both our new guys, Gavrikov and Juuse Saros become free agents at the same time.

Weird.

Two year window incoming?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Wish it was a year or two longer but the Kings didn’t have any leverage.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
A top 3 dman at that rate is a hell of a deal. Any way you slice it, they found a way to secure a pending UFA who would have been one of the best available dmen in the open market.

Now to secure a goaltender…

Good solid LHD are the unicorns of the NHL. Getting one at the deadline, then resigning him is a win, even on a short deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad