Rumor: Vladimir Tarasenko requests a trade

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
He really, really wasn't good this season. Certainly will be a risk for the acquiring team. Not sure what the market for him will be out there. He is a stud if he can get back to the level he had 2 years ago before he got injured. But in the playoffs he barely looked like a NHL player at times let alone the force he was a few years ago. Very hard to pin his value...
He returned from his second shoulder Injury due to the first being botched. How many players returning from a full season injury are spectacular. Nine. It takes time to acclimate back to the league. He did that was close to being his old self in playoffs and was very good in international. But hey what ever fits your narrative.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He returned from his second shoulder Injury due to the first being botched. How many players returning from a full season injury are spectacular. Nine. It takes time to acclimate back to the league. He did that was close to being his old self in playoffs and was very good in international. But hey what ever fits your narrative.
Botched shoulder surgery followed by another one? Not looking like the same player? Disgruntled and wanting to leave? Value should be low.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Kuznetsov for Tarasenko straight up from Washington. Two struggling Russian stars with championship experience in great need of a change.

Ovechkin is aging and Washington needs a secondary scoring threat from the right wing. Orlov is one of Tarasenko’s best friends as well, it makes perfect sense for Washington.

The Blues can get a center with game breaking skill and potential behind ROR with no injury concerns. They just need to straighten him out but he could add a lot to the Blues at center.
Him and Kuznetsov are friends too aren't they? That’d be weird I’m sure lol.

As for the actual idea of swapping them…I don’t hate it

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Personally I would pay a 1st+ for him from the Pens.

But this honestly feels like one of those trades that had an underwhelming return. Like a 2nd rounder and a decent prospect.

Will be interesting to see how it shakes out

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Botched shoulder surgery followed by another one? Not looking like the same player? Disgruntled and wanting to leave? Value should be low.
The second shoulder surgery fixed the botched surgery
.he played 28 games at end of year and looked good towards the end and then played very well in playoffs. He then played 5 or 6 for international and was best player. So if you haven't watched him play how can you evaluate him.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Can't wait till he's traded for peanuts and @Colt55 is shocked

Yea I don't see how this dude has any value right now. Best I can see the Blues doing is gaining some cap space.

Any deal here has to involve a medical exam though so we'll see. If a courting team's doctors say he's healthy then maybe that gets the Blues a bit more leverage back.

Reactions: kinghock

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Kuznetsov for Tarasenko straight up from Washington. Two struggling Russian stars with championship experience in great need of a change.

Ovechkin is aging and Washington needs a secondary scoring threat from the right wing. Orlov is one of Tarasenko’s best friends as well, it makes perfect sense for Washington.

The Blues can get a center with game breaking skill and potential behind ROR with no injury concerns. They just need to straighten him out but he could add a lot to the Blues at center.

This actually makes a lot of sense.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
....it makes perfect sense for Washington.
2C Lars Eller or, even worse, 2C TJ Oshie doesn't make much sense. They're already old and banged up after the playoffs as-is. They shouldn't be signing up for more. It's too risky without all that much upside given resulting lineup issues but also his lack of pace. They could make other moves or try to sign a Wennberg/Staal/Zajac/Bozak on the cheap but that ain't it.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Honestly, they don't really delve into it. More or less just mention teams in passing. Nyr. Nyi. Edmonton
NYR reads as pure speculation based on Tarasenko and Panarin being BFFs or something.

To be fair, the Rangers are never a bad guess in these contexts, but this one…like don’t the Rangers have enough wingers?

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I think its funnybhow everyone wants a player that is done and has no value. Lol people just see the possibility of getting a game changer for nothing. I guarantee that isn't going to happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad