Rumor: Vladimir Tarasenko requests a trade

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
The injuries and his contract. Not surprised they're hasn't been much interest.

I don't view the contract to be overly prohibitive. Just about every team has that guy they are more than happy to ship back because he is making about 2 million more than he should be for the next two years and has that 3.5 aav hit or whatever. That will make any digesting of his current contract more palatable.

The biggest piece to me is absolutely his health.

Reactions: Jakey53

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I can see Carolina being a fit for him. They can fit his cap hit pretty easily and I don't think the cost would be too high. Maybe something around Foegele?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The rumored blues offer wasn’t much less money wise than what he got. But the combo of the no NMC thing and him wanting another challenge/change of scenery/whatever you call it is what a lot of us are thinking.
No tax in Vegas too probably made their offer even harder to match.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Any thought that this may kickstart a re-tool for this year?

Vektor

Jun 11, 2018
Letting your franchise Norris level 1D walk after being a key part in winning the Cup? I'd say that points to a franchise going no where but down.
Norris level? He's never finished top three and likely never will. Even then that has nothing to do with Tarasenko. He's mad because he didn't get the C (which is INSANE) and he's mad at how the organization handled his shoulder surgeries.

Reactions: Blueston

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Norris level? He's never finished top three and likely never will. Even then that has nothing to do with Tarasenko. He's mad because he didn't get the C (which is INSANE) and he's mad at how the organization handled his shoulder surgeries.
He's up there with the best D-men in the League IMO. Thanks for the clarification on his reasons wanting out though.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Being a risky move due to injuries, a team trading for Tarasenko could offer conditional picks based on his performance and games played. Would benefit both teams to have conditional picks involved.

Reactions: Lt Dan

IGGY2JOHNNY

Apr 22, 2018
The article speculates on possible destinations … anybody with a subscription willing to share what those speculations are ??

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I can see Carolina being a fit for him. They can fit his cap hit pretty easily and I don't think the cost would be too high. Maybe something around Foegele?
This seems like a good swap.
Both guys wanting out.

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
Well then. Max value for him is at TDL but if they have to go earlier I guess Blues need to retain to get max value?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Barely played the last two years. Was quite bad when he did play this year. 7.5M salary. Full NTC. Botched surgery’s. Multiple NHL GM’s have reported he’s been shopped for a while but their respective teams have no interest.

Have a feeling the Blues aren’t exactly about to strike gold here.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Kuznetsov for Tarasenko straight up from Washington. Two struggling Russian stars with championship experience in great need of a change.

Ovechkin is aging and Washington needs a secondary scoring threat from the right wing. Orlov is one of Tarasenko’s best friends as well, it makes perfect sense for Washington.

The Blues can get a center with game breaking skill and potential behind ROR with no injury concerns. They just need to straighten him out but he could add a lot to the Blues at center.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Hasn't played much over the past two seasons. Hasn't looked good either when he has played, understandably.

Big risk to trade for this guy at that cap hit and with the prospects and picks you might lose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad