Post-Game Talk: Viva Las Vegas 6PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Better they slump now than in April.

I mean we've seen this story time and time again for the past 10 years, and some of you still seem to fall for it. Its impossible for them to be perfect over an 82 game schedule. Impossible and UNDESIRABLE.
The slump needed to happen. They start heating up a month from now and all will be forgotten.

And on the plus side, hopefully this means we avoid the Flyers in the first round. Much rather play Columbus or someone else.

Last edited:

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
I think the forwards across all 4 lines - but especially the 1st line - have strayed far away from consistently supporting the D in terms of re-gaining possession of the puck in the D zone and transitioning out of that zone in a consistent manner. Our exits are sloppy and disheveled so, no surprise, we don’t move through neutral cleanly and our entries (when we make it that far) aren’t strong. We keep looking at the D as the culprits, but I think the disinterested way our forwards are playing D and playing without the puck is as big a factor in our demise.

Last edited:
Reactions: tenken00

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
The D has been bad, but it's not all on the defensemen. Our top forward lines don't provide much in the way of covering guys these last few months. And their poor passing, giveaways really puts more pressure on a bad defense, just adding fuel to the fire.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
This roster as is, is a minor problem! SO STOP BLAMING THE PLAYERS! THE COACHING IS THE PROBLEM! IT IS UP TO THE COACHING STAFF TO SCOUT THE OPPONENT AND PUT A GAME PLAN TOGETHER THAT THE PLAYERS CAN EXECUTE! I HAVE NOT SEEN THAT AT ALL. IT'S UP TO THE COACHING STAFF TO PUT A SYSTEM IN PLACE THAT HAS SOME SORT OF DISCIPLINE, TEAM STRUCTURE AND A FORM OF TEAM DEFENSE! THIS COACHING STAFF HAS NOT DONE ANY OF THAT ALL SEASON! IT'S THE SAME MISTAKES AND SAME LACK THEREOF TEAM STRUCTURE AND TEAM DEFENSE! THE CONSTANT STARTS OF FALLING BEHIND TOO MANY GAMES ON THE SCOREBOARD HAS NOT BEEN FIXED. THE LACK OF PLAYING STRONG FOR 3 PERIODS IN GAME HAS BEEN MOSTLY NON-EXISTENT ALL SEASON! A LACK OF WILL AND HARD WORK HAS NOT BEEN INSTILLED IN THIS ROSTER, BY THE COACHES, ALL SEASON!

REIRDEN MIGHT BE A GOOD TACTICIAN, BUT HE'S NOT A GOOD HEAD COACH! CASHMAN AND ARNIEL HAVE A TRACK RECORD OF BEING LOSERS AND ARE CLUELESS WHAT TO DO WITH THE DEFENSE AND FORWARDS! FORSYTHE HAS RUN OUT OF IDEAS AS OVECHKIN/CARLSON HAVE BEEN NEUTRALIZED AND TOO MANY TIMES SO HAS OSHIE. YOU SHUTDOWN THE CAPS TALENT ON THEIR PP AND FORSYTHE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO OTHER THAN THROW DARTS AT THE TARGET AND HOPE HE HITS THE BULLSEYE! EVEN GOALIE COACH SCOTT MURRAY IS AT FAULT TOO. HOLTBY HAS BEEN REGULAR SEASON BROKEN FOR 3 YEARS NOW AND SAMSONOV HAS COOLED OFF BECAUSE ALL NHL TEAMS GET SCOUTING REPORTS ON GOALIES AND ARE FAIRLY GOOD AT ADJUSTING DESPITE HIM BEING VERY TALENTED.

GIVE THIS TEAM SOME ACTUAL COACHES WHO HAVE AN EXPERIENCED TRACK RECORD AND WATCH THIS ROSTER PLAY A LOT BETTER! OTHER WISE IT WILL JUST BE RINSE AND REPEAT THE SAME OLD CRAP!

This just reminded me of high school. I used to write in #ALLCAPS and the teachers didn't mind since I did all the work. Then during the final exam I wrote an entire 4 and a half page essay in ALLCAPS, handed it in and my teacher goes " I can't accept this...YOU'RE SCREAMING AT ME! :eek:

So yeah.

Reactions: Heath
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad