Post-Game Talk: Viva Las Vegas 6PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
the one positive is this team doesnt show any quit.. its a good trait.. but its directly offset by them not showing any urgency or ability to attack from the start instead of waiting for team to go into protect mode.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I’m as pessimistic as they come but three things: it’s February and we haven't even had the trade deadline yet. And finally George McPhee is no longer our GM. We will get it turned around. I’ll start to worry if we are still flat in March.
The past third periods over a handful of games have shown that when this team plays all out they can still be dominant. But there are still too many lapses right now.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
There are far too many whiny babies on this board. Sorry guys but it’s the truth. There’s stating your case and venting it out, and then there is incessant whining. A lot of the latter going on around here...and some of the former too.

It’s all good; I love you whiny losers anyways...

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
The past third periods over a handful of games have shown that when this team plays all out they can still be dominant. But there are still too many lapses right now.

Unfortunately leaving it until the last period to dig yourself out of a hole is a recipe for disaster. If they win this one then that's great but it must NOT detract from how poorly they played prior to their comeback, and how poorly
they have played over the last x number of games.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
That’s what happens when you play one period. Would say it’s encouraging but we saw the same thing against Colorado and Pittsburgh and no momentum carried over.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Welp, 700 is hard to get. We must to stick, grind out this hard time. It's a special scpecial event, to get there not easy. Stay strong caps fans.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
That’s what happens when you play one period. Would say it’s encouraging but we saw the same thing against Colorado and Pittsburgh and no momentum carried over.

Pretty much a coaching problem. Team can't get up for games. Shows up when its too late. It doesn't help that holetby can't make a tough save or two like Fleury did in the first for them.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
There are far too many whiny babies on this board. Sorry guys but it’s the truth. There’s stating your case and venting it out, and then there is incessant whining. A lot of the latter going on around here...and some of the former too.

It’s all good; I love you whiny losers anyways...

It’s like a broken record and why I haven’t followed GDTs during the regular season since the Cup year. I get enough whining from my daughters. ;)

Reactions: Bananas

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
honestly not upset that we lost. we didn’t deserve to win and this actually makes us address our problems, instead of celebrating another lucky comeback
I don’t think a comeback helps show anything at all. If anything it makes Bmac look even harder at Reirden being a problem. When the team plays with urgency like that they are tough to beat and it’s clear Reirden can’t get them to play like that unless they’re down by multiple goals, which is a big issue. These comebacks have nothing to do with Reirden and everything to do with the talent level of the team.

Reactions: Heath

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
There's a very simple explanation for "why they are not playing this way for 3 periods". Playing with 100%, leave nothing behind effort is unsustainable for 60 minutes. If that is what is required for this team to have success, then we are doomed. Which is also why even if the Caps came back and won I would have given not one ounce of credit to the coaching staff. Had zero to do with adjustments and more to do with "we have nothing to lose" and the Knights sagging a bit.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
And the “coaching sucks, we can’t get ready for games, this team will go nowhere”
Circle jerk continues.

all this crap does - as it litters EVERY game thread - is driven good knowledgeable posters away. It’s pathetic.

to those that fit this description. — and you assuredly know who you are — kudos for your actions. Awesome work.

(And the ones that respond will own it — or perhaps be so chicken shit on who they are that they wont)

clap hand everyone

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Couldn't even sneak out with a point...

PeskyAdventurousLeveret-small.gif

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
It’s like a broken record and why I haven’t followed GDTs during the regular season since the Cup year. I get enough whining from my daughters. ;)
Oh c'mon. It was way worse before the cup. Now only few concern voices. We used to trash this team before they won the cup. Now this board even in loses is still hopeful.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
It's probably better on that high horse than in the mud slinging insults and wishing everyone would be fired or traded every time the team goes through a rough patch.
Except this really isn't that different from what we've seen all season in terms of the defensive lapses, turnovers, lack of discipline, etc. The difference is OV is no longer on fire and Samsonov has come back down to earth.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
At what point is concern warranted? Down 3-1 in the 1st round?

Concern is warranted now, and it has been. I personally have advocated for Cashman to be shown the door and I have said we have holes at potential holes at 1LD, 2RD, and 3LW. My point is it's how that concern is conveyed. For people to keep pining over Barry Trotz and the revisionist history they use to justify that opinion is really tiresome, and also totally inaccurate. People act like we're the Buffalo Sabres and despite how poorly they've played, they still probably have about a 99% chance to make the playoffs (which absolutely shouldn't be the end goal). Pointing out flaws in players, coaches, or the system is fine so long as the comments merit an actual conversation and they're not "herp derp the team should play 60 minutes 82 games a year and if not fire everyone and trade everyone."

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
At what point is concern warranted? Down 3-1 in the 1st round?

It's now imho. Although it was entertaining past the midway of the game, the defense stinks. I rather stink in February than late March, however they've been trending down since the Allstar break. The positives are Holtby is playing well and it's still early. I'm not worried about winning the league's best regular season trophy or division either. The way they look currently is a first round exit, although I'm going to be positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad