Visitor's Locker Room (Ticket talk, Restaurants, Fantasy Questions, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Hey all,

Just wanted to say "good show!" to you all. Was down at the Baseball Winter Meetings and procured tickets to Monday's game (Sabres) and it was a great time! The folks around us were very knowledgeable, I was kind of jealous. As a Flyers fan I get annoyed that all of the "Let's Go Flyers" chants happen when play ISN'T taking place, but you guys are good at piping up during play.

Also, your late-game pump up video was INCREDIBLE!!! I sat with our team's media and promo guy and we looked at each other when it was done, picked our jaws up off the floor, and said "we need to steal that, piece for piece"

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Does anyone have a single ticket to sell for Saturday's game against the Habs? I'd like something in the lower bowl if possible. Send me a PM.

Jun 15, 2007
Ben's Chili Bowl: Overrated garbage or must try if it's your first time in DC?

sickest flow bro

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
Coming down from Canada for a game

Hi everyone, I'm coming from Toronto to watch the caps play the Blackhawks with my fiancé. She's a caps fan and really wanted to see a game. I'm driving down, looks like we're staying in Alexandria/Airport area. Is there an easy way to the Verizon centre without driving? Any good places to eat/drink before the game? We're planning on shopping/sightseeing the Saturday. Any recommendations for what to do/see? Will I need to drive or is walking fine?

Thanks!

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Hi everyone, I'm coming from Toronto to watch the caps play the Blackhawks with my fiancé. She's a caps fan and really wanted to see a game. I'm driving down, looks like we're staying in Alexandria/Airport area. Is there an easy way to the Verizon centre without driving? Any good places to eat/drink before the game? We're planning on shopping/sightseeing the Saturday. Any recommendations for what to do/see? Will I need to drive or is walking fine?

Thanks!

I would recommend re-reading through some of this thread, specifically post #11 on page 1, for eat/drink options. The VC is located in a great area surrounded by many good bars and restaurants. It really depends what you're looking for, i.e. high-end, bar food, etc. The Verizon Center is located in Chinatown so there are some really good dive Chinese places near the arena. As far as getting to the VC, it's located at the Gallery Place/Chinatown metro station. The stadium is literally on top of the station so it's pretty convenient. Uber/Lyft are also prevalent in this area and will only cost you $12-15 one way from the Alexandria/airport area. Walking around the area is fine.

If it's your first time in DC, I highly recommend walking around the National Mall and seeing some of the monuments, museums, White House, tourist-y stuff. Tons of history within walking distance. Hope that helps! Enjoy.

jensi

Feb 21, 2007
Northern Sweden
Hi, i´m a devils fan from Sweden coming to Washington for a week with my partner and our baby. 6-13 February and i`m lucky, caps have 3 home games that week.
I have some questions.
1: Easiest way to get downtown from Dulles airport? Taxi?
2: Is it any seats that are all inclusive (food, softdrink) in the arena?
3: I have other times used stubhub for watching nhlgames, but now when i´m searching there all tickets are delivered by mail? are e-tickets or what its called banned or something? If so it will make it harder to see the games, i often buy the tickets same day when im sure i will attend.

Thanks in advance/ Jens

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Hi, i´m a devils fan from Sweden coming to Washington for a week with my partner and our baby. 6-13 February and i`m lucky, caps have 3 home games that week.
I have some questions.
1: Easiest way to get downtown from Dulles airport? Taxi?
2: Is it any seats that are all inclusive (food, softdrink) in the arena?
3: I have other times used stubhub for watching nhlgames, but now when i´m searching there all tickets are delivered by mail? are e-tickets or what its called banned or something? If so it will make it harder to see the games, i often buy the tickets same day when im sure i will attend.

Thanks in advance/ Jens

Hi, Jensi! So glad you're coming to see the Caps!

1. Uber or lyft are the easiest way from Dulles--these are apps for your phone. It's not inexpensive, but it's worth it.
2. They don't have all-iclusive seats, but they have family packs. I've never used one, but they are probably a decent deal.
3. The NHL (or at least the Caps) has shut stubhub out of the digital ticket resale business. It's a point of much frustration for many of us season ticket holders. But you can find digital tickets on ticketmaster.com.

Have a blast!

rh71

Nov 12, 2005
Long Island, NY
Driving down to DC on Friday 2/24 for the McJesus game. Can arrive maybe 11am-12pm. Was hoping to catch morning skate (will they even have one?) but it'll be too late presumably. Is there anything fun going on around then that we can take the kids (8yo) to? Maybe something else going on at Kettler or downtown? We already did all the monuments last time. Was hoping for some festival, etc. but a quick search came up empty.

Last edited:

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA
My family of five will be near D.C. traveling from Williamsburg on vacation in the first week of April. Should I get tickets on stub hub and park at the venue? Where should I sit? Helpful advice needed.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
My family of five will be near D.C. traveling from Williamsburg on vacation in the first week of April. Should I get tickets on stub hub and park at the venue? Where should I sit? Helpful advice needed.

well there isnt a lot of parking (to clarify, theres underground lots but your also competing against everyday workers in dc) so take the metro

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

Found, agree with kicker; don't drive, take Metro. But as far as buying tix, because the Caps eliminated PDF printing it's difficult to sell on stubhub now. Look there but also check Ticketmaster.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Found, agree with kicker; don't drive, take Metro. But as far as buying tix, because the Caps eliminated PDF printing it's difficult to sell on stubhub now. Look there but also check Ticketmaster.

Not sure about the PDF printing part but there are tons of tickets on StubHub for every game right now. I just bought a pair last week.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Alright, since I missed the game for my birthday, I'll try to make a trip to DC to see a playoff game. Regular season ends April 10th and I have 4 days off for Easter (April 14th to 17th). Does anybody know the dates for game 1 and 2 assuming we have home ice?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Alright, since I missed the game for my birthday, I'll try to make a trip to DC to see a playoff game. Regular season ends April 10th and I have 4 days off for Easter (April 14th to 17th). Does anybody know the dates for game 1 and 2 assuming we have home ice?

They won't announce that til after the season ends. Also the caps have to schedule around the Wizards who also will have home court advantage

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
The first round series will likely start April 12, 13, or 14 if past years are any indication. Game 2 is usually two days after, but could change depending on conflicts with the arenas involved.

For your dates I'd imagine being able to go Game 2 for sure, possibly even Game 1.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
They won't announce that til after the season ends. Also the caps have to schedule around the Wizards who also will have home court advantage

Damn, I forgot about the Wizards. Here in Montreal, scheduling is very straightforward since the Canadiens are the only pro sports team in the building. I imagine I could catch a game during one of those days.

The first round series will likely start April 12, 13, or 14 if past years are any indication. Game 2 is usually two days after, but could change depending on conflicts with the arenas involved.

For your dates I'd imagine being able to go Game 2 for sure, possibly even Game 1.

I hope so, I don't want to buy tickets and get screwed over like last time. Ticketmaster doesn't allow me to sell them back, so I'll buy my tickets when I reach the city only.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Damn, I forgot about the Wizards. Here in Montreal, scheduling is very straightforward since the Canadiens are the only pro sports team in the building. I imagine I could catch a game during one of those days.

I hope so, I don't want to buy tickets and get screwed over like last time. Ticketmaster doesn't allow me to sell them back, so I'll buy my tickets when I reach the city only.

we can say for sure the game wont be on wed the 12th as the red hot chili peppers are performing that night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad