Visitor's Locker Room (Ticket talk, Restaurants, Fantasy Questions, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffro

Oct 20, 2007
So, I'm in town but new to being in town, so I have a question about seats. I have tickets for tonight in 211, which as far as I can tell is the club level, but not all inclusive. Is that true? I'd be stoked to find out I was wrong, but...

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs

sabresfan3383

Dec 3, 2004
Tonawanda, NY
Hello, Sabres fan coming in peace. I'm going to be working at the sports card show in Chantilly, VA this weekend and am looking to pick up a pair of tix to the Saturday night Caps/Isles game with my co-worker.

I haven't been to Verizon Center in about 12 years, so I'm wondering how the seats are upstairs, height and width wise, as I'm tall and a bigger guy.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Hello, Sabres fan coming in peace. I'm going to be working at the sports card show in Chantilly, VA this weekend and am looking to pick up a pair of tix to the Saturday night Caps/Isles game with my co-worker.

I haven't been to Verizon Center in about 12 years, so I'm wondering how the seats are upstairs, height and width wise, as I'm tall and a bigger guy.

Thanks in advance!

I'm 6'8 235, and I've never had any problems with seating at the VC. Nothing's particularly comfortable, but at my size stadium seating never is. Upper level seats are actually more comfortable for me, because the row in front of you is low enough that they won't slam your knees by sitting back suddenly (or by pretending they're piloting a rocket ship, like the two unattended children did after taking the empty seats in front of me on Sunday...).

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I'm 6'8 235, and I've never had any problems with seating at the VC. Nothing's particularly comfortable, but at my size stadium seating never is. Upper level seats are actually more comfortable for me, because the row in front of you is low enough that they won't slam your knees by sitting back suddenly (or by pretending they're piloting a rocket ship, like the two unattended children did after taking the empty seats in front of me on Sunday...).

Send your CV to the Caps, maybe you could be a solid penalty killer blocking shots in front of the net Hal Gill style

hal-gill-2-slide.jpg

19Yzerman19

Jul 17, 2004
Howdy Caps fans

I'm going to be in town next week and looking to get 2 tickets to COL game on the 18th, My question are there still normal tickets (meaning real ticket that you could keep as souvenir) or is everything now e-ticket or just a paper (home printer type)

Also is the Verizon center open on non games days for ticket sales? If they are do they still charge the same ******** fees that ticketmaster does.

thanks in advance.

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
Coming to Washington

Hey guys! I'll be in Washington for a couple days for a conference but have tomorrow afternoon and evening to explore.

1) Any must sees?
2) Food recommendations
3) I just scored cheap tickets to the Caps-Pegs game on Thursday. Is the area around the Verizon Center safe to walk alone? I have to pick up my ticket near the Mariott by the Metro Center

Thanks for advice!

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Hey guys! I'll be in Washington for a couple days for a conference but have tomorrow afternoon and evening to explore.

1) Any must sees?
2) Food recommendations
3) I just scored cheap tickets to the Caps-Pegs game on Thursday. Is the area around the Verizon Center safe to walk alone? I have to pick up my ticket near the Mariott by the Metro Center

Thanks for advice!

1) Have you seen any of the monuments before? Walking around the National Mall is a must if you're not from around here. There are a ton of museums to scope out too... my personal favorite is the Museum of Natural History.
2) Depends on the kind of food you're looking for. I'm a big fan of matchbox or Fuel.
3) Yes, it's safe. The area around the VC is a fun spot with tons of bars and restaurants. It should be pretty lively on a Thursday night.

Check out Page 1, Post #11 of this thread. It has a lot of the info you're looking for. Have fun!

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Hello Caps fans,
My 11yo son and I are on a quest to see the Blue Jackets in every arena in the league. So far we have only been to Carolina, Columbus, Nashville, Tampa and Florida so we are still in the early stages. We are going to the CBJ Caps game on Nov 20. Just bought tickets in 112 and we are looking forward to attending a game in DC. I am debating about whether to stay in Alexandria Old Town right across from King St station or stay in DC proper. What do you guys think about staying in Alexandria and using the Metro? Would it be better to stay in DC? Alexandria is certainly cheaper and I don't think the Metro ride from Alexandria will be bad but it would be nice to be right in DC. Any suggestions are appreciated.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Hello Caps fans,
My 11yo son and I are on a quest to see the Blue Jackets in every arena in the league. So far we have only been to Carolina, Columbus, Nashville, Tampa and Florida so we are still in the early stages. We are going to the CBJ Caps game on Nov 20. Just bought tickets in 112 and we are looking forward to attending a game in DC. I am debating about whether to stay in Alexandria Old Town right across from King St station or stay in DC proper. What do you guys think about staying in Alexandria and using the Metro? Would it be better to stay in DC? Alexandria is certainly cheaper and I don't think the Metro ride from Alexandria will be bad but it would be nice to be right in DC. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I live in Old Town, so I am biased, but it's a beautiful little spot. It's very... old (Robert E. Lee's home is here) so with the age comes a lot of history and character. Old cobblestone roads, mostly "Mom and Pop" shops and restaurants, and it's right on the Potomac River. King Street is the main strip and should be all lit up for Christmas by Nov 20.

The Metro ride is fairly easy, as long as there are no hiccups with the Metro. It's 7 or 8 stops on the Yellow line with no transfers necessary. Should take you no more than 30-40 minutes door to door. Uber/Lyft are easy too... normally no more than $15 or so to the VC from Old Town.

I think it all depends on how long you're staying in the area and what is your top priority. If convenience is most important because you're not in a familiar city, stay in DC. If you want to save some money and see something off the beaten path, stay in Old Town. if you stay in Old Town you're still pretty close to the city, just not walkable to everything down town as you would be if you stayed in DC proper. Feel free to shoot me a DM if you have any more questions about Old Town. Have fun!

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
I live in Old Town, so I am biased, but it's a beautiful little spot. It's very... old (Robert E. Lee's home is here) so with the age comes a lot of history and character. Old cobblestone roads, mostly "Mom and Pop" shops and restaurants, and it's right on the Potomac River. King Street is the main strip and should be all lit up for Christmas by Nov 20.

The Metro ride is fairly easy, as long as there are no hiccups with the Metro. It's 7 or 8 stops on the Yellow line with no transfers necessary. Should take you no more than 30-40 minutes door to door. Uber/Lyft are easy too... normally no more than $15 or so to the VC from Old Town.

I think it all depends on how long you're staying in the area and what is your top priority. If convenience is most important because you're not in a familiar city, stay in DC. If you want to save some money and see something off the beaten path, stay in Old Town. if you stay in Old Town you're still pretty close to the city, just not walkable to everything down town as you would be if you stayed in DC proper. Feel free to shoot me a DM if you have any more questions about Old Town. Have fun!

Thanks for the info. I wound up getting a room at the Holiday Inn near L'Enfant for the same price as the Embassy Suites in Alexandria. I know the ES is much nicer than the HI but going with convenience to the Mall. I have had hit and miss with Holiday Inn before so I hope this one is decent.

Hope for a good game. Jackets are actually providing some resistance this year so should be a good game.

HunterRice

Jan 8, 2014
Delaware
Best place to park

Hey, if this is not allowed just deleted, I'm driving over from southern delaware on the 1st for the game, any parking recommendations ?

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I don't know if this is the right thread, but I'm looking for tickets for the Flyers game on Jan 15, so I figured I'd ask here before buying off StubHub. Is anyone selling?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Alright everyone. I'm coming down to DC on Dec 17 for my 20th birthday to see the Capitals playing none other than the Canadiens. I've seen this matchup a dozen times at the Bell Centre, will be my first time rocking the red at the Verizon Center.

I wanted to come for Game 5 against the Pens last year but I ended up going to Mexico. This time I'm coming for real. If I want to visit the city and watch a practice at Kettler, how long should I stay?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Alright everyone. I'm coming down to DC on Dec 17 for my 20th birthday to see the Capitals playing none other than the Canadiens. I've seen this matchup a dozen times at the Bell Centre, will be my first time rocking the red at the Verizon Center.

I wanted to come for Game 5 against the Pens last year but I ended up going to Mexico. This time I'm coming for real. If I want to visit the city and watch a practice at Kettler, how long should I stay?

Is this your first time in DC? Are you looking to be a tourist and see all the sites? Depending on your interest in history and how much you like to walk, you could spend a day or a week looking at all of the museums and monuments. If it's your first time and you want to hit the highlights, I'd spend a day going to the Smithsonian Museums (definitive rank of best museums, not up for debate: 1. Natural History, 2. Air and Space, 3. American History) and another half day walking the Mall. You can squeeze all of them into one day if you want. The new museum of Black History is pretty powerful, so I hear, but I haven't made it there yet as the lines have been absurd to get in. If you really like museums and want to spend some extra time hitting every single one, also check out the Holocaust and Spy Museums, and the Newseum. Of course you have to walk the Mall and see the war monuments, the reflecting pool, Tidal Basin, and the presidential memorials.

It looks like the game on the 17th is the second end of a B2B. They'll be in Carolina on Friday, so that means there will only be an optional skate on Saturday and they'll probably have the day off or an optional skate on Sunday. You'd probably have to get here Wednesday morning in order to check out a full practice. They practice are typically at 10:00 or 10:30.

If seeing a practice is a must, I'd fly in Tuesday night so you can see practice on Wednesday and then fly out on Sunday after the game. If that's too long, you can experience a lot of DC by flying in Thursday evening and then hopping around town on Friday, Saturday before the game, and Sunday before your flight back. Have fun!

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Is this your first time in DC? Are you looking to be a tourist and see all the sites? Depending on your interest in history and how much you like to walk, you could spend a day or a week looking at all of the museums and monuments. If it's your first time and you want to hit the highlights, I'd spend a day going to the Smithsonian Museums (definitive rank of best museums, not up for debate: 1. Natural History, 2. Air and Space, 3. American History) and another half day walking the Mall. You can squeeze all of them into one day if you want. The new museum of Black History is pretty powerful, so I hear, but I haven't made it there yet as the lines have been absurd to get in. If you really like museums and want to spend some extra time hitting every single one, also check out the Holocaust and Spy Museums, and the Newseum. Of course you have to walk the Mall and see the war monuments, the reflecting pool, Tidal Basin, and the presidential memorials.

It looks like the game on the 17th is the second end of a B2B. They'll be in Carolina on Friday, so that means there will only be an optional skate on Saturday and they'll probably have the day off or an optional skate on Sunday. You'd probably have to get here Wednesday morning in order to check out a full practice. They practice are typically at 10:00 or 10:30.

If seeing a practice is a must, I'd fly in Tuesday night so you can see practice on Wednesday and then fly out on Sunday after the game. If that's too long, you can experience a lot of DC by flying in Thursday evening and then hopping around town on Friday, Saturday before the game, and Sunday before your flight back. Have fun!

Yes, it's my first time visiting DC. My exams end on Thursday evening, so I'd have to fly in Friday, go visit the city a little bit, watch the optional skate and the game on Saturday, visit the city some more on Sunday and go back.

I figured Washington had a ton of museums and cultural points of interest, but I wouldn't spend more than a day and a half on museums. I'm going on my own so I'll keep it to the main attractions this time.
I don't mind walking a lot, so if everything is within walking distance I'm fine.

Thanks for the tip!

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Yeah, you'll be good. Also, forgot to mention, but the National Tree will be lit for the holidays which is a pretty cool site to see. It's right across from the White House.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Yes, it's my first time visiting DC. My exams end on Thursday evening, so I'd have to fly in Friday, go visit the city a little bit, watch the optional skate and the game on Saturday, visit the city some more on Sunday and go back.

I figured Washington had a ton of museums and cultural points of interest, but I wouldn't spend more than a day and a half on museums. I'm going on my own so I'll keep it to the main attractions this time.
I don't mind walking a lot, so if everything is within walking distance I'm fine.

Thanks for the tip!

Just did this trip and I wouldn't call everything within walking distance although it looks like it when you are standing there. The Lincoln Memorial to the Capital is farther than Montreal to DC.
Use the Metro for longer distances within the city and I had great luck with the Circulator bus.
http://nationalmall.dccirculator.com/
It uses the same card as the Metro and only costs $1 for all day as long as you get back on with 2 hours. What a deal! Even with that you will do a LOT of walking.
My other piece of advice is to make a plan before you start. The Circulator has a great map. Print it out or have it handy on your phone. If you do things in the right order you can see a lot of the sites in one day. My son and I did the White House, Capital including tour, Washington, Lincoln, Jefferson, Natural History, National Archives, Library of Congress, Supreme Court and were back in our hotel by 4:00. But that was with a detailed plan before we went and we hustled. I have done DC without a plan and saw very little.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Hey all,

Just wanted to say "good show!" to you all. Was down at the Baseball Winter Meetings and procured tickets to Monday's game (Sabres) and it was a great time! The folks around us were very knowledgeable, I was kind of jealous. As a Flyers fan I get annoyed that all of the "Let's Go Flyers" chants happen when play ISN'T taking place, but you guys are good at piping up during play.

Also, your late-game pump up video was INCREDIBLE!!! I sat with our team's media and promo guy and we looked at each other when it was done, picked our jaws up off the floor, and said "we need to steal that, piece for piece"

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Hey all,

Just wanted to say "good show!" to you all. Was down at the Baseball Winter Meetings and procured tickets to Monday's game (Sabres) and it was a great time! The folks around us were very knowledgeable, I was kind of jealous. As a Flyers fan I get annoyed that all of the "Let's Go Flyers" chants happen when play ISN'T taking place, but you guys are good at piping up during play.

Also, your late-game pump up video was INCREDIBLE!!! I sat with our team's media and promo guy and we looked at each other when it was done, picked our jaws up off the floor, and said "we need to steal that, piece for piece"

Thanks. Yeah, the Unleash the Fury vid is a real winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad