Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates II

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
I’d like to know how Blues Traveler’s concert goes. A few years ago he got on stage at some random bar and was really good.
Blues Traveler was a really good show tonight. They also had Vanessa Collier open for them, she can sing and play the sax.

Blues Traveler, despite their age, really bring the energy. John Popper still plays the harmonica like no one else. They jam hard.

Reactions: triggrman

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Sorry for the bump or if this is the wrong location but do you guys ever post about tickets you might be selling on here?

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Sorry for the bump or if this is the wrong location but do you guys ever post about tickets you might be selling on here?
I've never seen people sell them on here. There may have been a time or two that someone had a parking pass they were offering up but that's about it. Sorry!

Reactions: PK Cronin

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I've never seen people sell them on here. There may have been a time or two that someone had a parking pass they were offering up but that's about it. Sorry!

Thanks! The Islanders have a re-sale thread so I figured I'd check before getting gouged via the secondary market.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
As some of you may know, my wife grew up/ is acquaintances with Josi's SIL.

My Mother in Law who is also friends with Josi's MIL as well somehow finagled getting 2 tickets from Josi's allotment in the Lexus seats for an upcoming game in March as a Christmas Present.

In addition to my wife who will go with me, I want to bring my 2 year old son. If I got him a GA ticket, how strict are they going to be on admitting him to the club/seats? My plan is to have him as a lap child for the game as he is a short king(small for his age).

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
As some of you may know, my wife grew up/ is acquaintances with Josi's SIL.

My Mother in Law who is also friends with Josi's MIL as well somehow finagled getting 2 tickets from Josi's allotment in the Lexus seats for an upcoming game in March as a Christmas Present.

In addition to my wife who will go with me, I want to bring my 2 year old son. If I got him a GA ticket, how strict are they going to be on admitting him to the club/seats? My plan is to have him as a lap child for the game as he is a short king(small for his age.
Under 2 don't need a ticket. You can fib a little, especially if he's small.

Reactions: triggrman

BringBackTheV

Dec 2, 2017
I've always wanted to head to TN and hoping we don't blow the division. Any suggestions for areas to stay close to downtown but not in party central. Historic, some places to eat and drink and an easy uber to the game. TIA!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Downtown prices are high -- you're smart to look elsewhere! Airport or even a little farther out in Hermitage are near enough. Don't use the cheapest one, you get what you pay for and that includes security. Anywhere in Nashville will have Uber/Lyft to get you downtown. You could also stay nearer to Vanderbilt or south around Brentwood. None of these would be party central, ha! That said, none would be historic, either. If you want a truly historic hotel go with the Union Station Nashville Yards or the Hermitage Hotel. I think the Bobby is also historic, but is new from old, if that makes sense. It's near Printer's Alley. These would be splurges.

A must see is The Parthenon, a full sized replica of the Greek Parthenon--but no crumblies! It's in Centennial Park near Vanderbilt University--it's lit up at night, but there is a huge statue of Athena inside if you want to go in during the day. Just walking down Lower Broad and looking at the architecture vs the neon will give you a good idea of the original style. Listen at the door and if you like the music offered head inside--we don't JUST have country! Lots have rooftop bars-- the one on Acme looks over the Cumberland River. There are all sorts of architectural styles in the city. Most prominent is Greek but there is also a Gothic cathedral (Wightman Chapel) and the only existing church featuring an Egyptian style (Downtown Presbyterian)

In the downtown area, the Country Music Hall of Fame is a good place to visit, as is the Ryman, though I found the overall tour of the Ryman to be a little pricey -- you can get a pretty good feel for it by going to the gift shop and taking a peek into the auditorium without the actual tour. I like Hatch Show Print--it's a working museum. Frist Museum is an art deco post office turned into a museum--you can just look at the building without paying to see the exhibits. It is right next to Union Station, our old train station. Historic RCA Studio B is not in the general arena area but is downtown and worth a visit.

All in all, you're not going to have time to do everything so just pick what interests you the most or the area you like most and enjoy the trip. Go Preds!

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Hey folks, I'm thinking of having a bachelor party in Nashville. Only problem is it might have to be during the SC Final. In the off chance the Rangers are in will it be easy to find a bar with a cup final game.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
President's Trophy curse says that won't be a problem. :naughty:

However, the Draft Kings bar (on 2nd Ave) will probably be your best option, or the Barstool Bar. The second floor of the Tin Roof Broadway is kind of a gaming/sports bar area (U of Iowa watches all their football games there during the season).

A lot of places will have sports on the tvs but might not have any sound due to the live music.

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to visit Nashville for one of the playoff games, but know tickets are restricted for local fans.

Does anyone know if this also includes the tickets from resale sites, such as StubHub, SeatGeek, VividSeats etc?

Or is this limited to TicketMaster?

Thanks, appreciate the responses.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to visit Nashville for one of the playoff games, but know tickets are restricted for local fans.

Does anyone know if this also includes the tickets from resale sites, such as StubHub, SeatGeek, VividSeats etc?

Or is this limited to TicketMaster?

Thanks, appreciate the responses.
I don't know how resalers handle it. Regular tickets were sold out immediately.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Anyone know what the latest understanding is with pre-purchased MCC parking? Basically in regards to how early you can use the pass to park? Thinking of heading down early on Sunday but don't want to show up and find out they won't let me in until 2pm or something. It isn't clear on the most recent tickets that I've bought, just references a start time but the only start time on the ticket is the event itself.

Follow Up:

Actually just got an email from the Preds about playoff parking. It states 2 hours before game time is the entry cut off.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3