Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Culver's > Steak and Shake > Portillo's

Just in terms of burgers.

BUT, I am in Rockford. Maybe our Portillos just sucks. I never ate there when I lived in the city. I'd be willing to give it another shot when I'm there sometime.

Edit: the rest of the fast food chains have terrible burgers. They don't even count :laugh:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Culver's > Steak and Shake > Portillo's

Just in terms of burgers.

BUT, I am in Rockford. Maybe our Portillos just sucks. I never ate there when I lived in the city. I'd be willing to give it another shot when I'm there sometime.

Edit: the rest of the fast food chains have terrible burgers. They don't even count :laugh:

There is something seriously wrong with you.

Steak and Shake? Seriously? :help:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I don't think in nearly 30 years that I have ever gone to Portillo's and not had a good meal and exactly what I expected to get quality wise when I ordered. Never one a bad burger, dog, etc.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
I never really cared for Rosati's much when I lived up there, Lou's was my go to.... but when they opened a Rosati's down here I figured there was little downfall to such.

But my ****ing god.... I've eaten better grocery store brand frozen pizzas than the crap they're making there. Figured it had to just be an off thing the first time we went, and with them being fairly new. Nope.... handful of other times I've tried since were just as bad if not worse. Impressively bad.

Other than Papa Del's in Champaign its hard to get good deep dish in Central Illinois. When a Rosati's opened near me I was excited but I too found it awful and both the grocery store deep dish Gino's East and Uno's pizzas are better.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Does anyone like Rosati's? I mean they have a ton of locations, so they have to be doing something right somewhere...

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Have you guys even HAD the burger with the garlic butter bun at steak and shake?
If not, you cannot judge me. Bye.

Also, come eat at the Portillo's in Rockford. If you STILL feel the need to judge me, then you guys are just insane. lol.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Every once in a while, S&S is OK.

Portillo's is consistently amazing though. You're insane. :laugh:

Yup. Like others have said. I've never had a bad food item there. Come to think of it... I don't think I've ever even had their workers screw an order up like the fast food joints typically do when you order a custom item.

Edit: One of my favorite things from there is their grilled chicken chopped salad. Amazing. That is all.

Last edited:

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'm always impressed by Portillos efficiency with the drive through. The one by me, there will be 15 cars in a line, but they have 6-8 employees out there and the wait isn't bad.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I'm always impressed by Portillos efficiency with the drive through. The one by me, there will be 15 cars in a line, but they have 6-8 employees out there and the wait isn't bad.

Agreed. They've got that **** down.

Courtney needs her posting privileges temporarily suspended. :)

STC

Oct 29, 2012
I enjoy the occasional Frisco Melt. Their fries suck, though.

Agreed.

Frisco Melt is better than any dry burger you can get at Portillo's.

That's pretty much the only thing worth eating at Steak and Shake. Fries there are inedible.

As for deep dish, its Lou's and no one else. They are head and shoulders above everyone else doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad