Vintage Jagr ... 47 years old

Troubadour

Feb 23, 2018
You don't want to let go of the great sub-plot of the thread, eh? :)

Yeah well, we have spent a while trying to puzzle this one out. Would be nice to know. There are seemingly only two possible candidates. I've got my dark horse.

But only one man really knows...

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Had way to many beers the other day, what I wrote was completely false.
Hahaha I think everyone knows that. Good job swallowing your pride and owning up to it, though... most would probably just ghost out. Jagr still gets one free shot in the arm against you next time he sees you.

I want him back in the NHL, and I've learned to never doubt anything where Jagr is concerned.

Amazinmets73

Dec 1, 2015
Admittedly the age-related decline between age 45 to 47 is not insignificant. That said the guy was a 45 point NHL player 2 years ago; not exactly shocking that he's tearing up 2nd tier Czech leagues now.

KnockHobbler

Sep 13, 2018
Guys I don't want to brag but I could've stopped Jagr on that play. Sure, I can't skate backwards, but I'm also not in some obscure European league lol.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Why has elite prospects showed his playoff stats this year to be 5 points in 8 games? I recall seeing that exact same statline weeks ago.

LateSleeper

Apr 12, 2019
Why has elite prospects showed his playoff stats this year to be 5 points in 8 games? I recall seeing that exact same statline weeks ago.

Those same numbers are still there:

Jaromír Jágr at eliteprospects.com

(And I have no idea why or how.)

EDIT: I have found the relegation/promotion stats though:

Tipsport ELH | Hokej.cz - web českého hokeje

It seems Jag was actually the leading scorer, heh. With a significantly lower ToI numbers than Plekanec (but that probably helps him at this stage).

Reactions: Felidae

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Would be cool to see Jagr sign with the Oilers for a season. Can't make them any worse and it would be awesome to see him play with McDavid. Bet Jagr could put up 70-80 points with McDavid.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Would be cool to see Jagr sign with the Oilers for a season. Can't make them any worse and it would be awesome to see him play with McDavid. Bet Jagr could put up 70-80 points with McDavid.

He's done, couldn't play a full NHL season anymore. Also not in the Czech league for that matter. Best he grants himself a grand farewell in a game or two next season and that's that.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
He's done, couldn't play a full NHL season anymore. Also not in the Czech league for that matter. Best he grants himself a grand farewell in a game or two next season and that's that.
How is he "done" when he just got 4 goals in a game, and did an end to end GOTY goal???

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
A handful of games against rather weak opposition in the relegation playoffs is a different thing than going three times a week against the best. It's not like his skills have vanished anywhere, he just doesn't have the condition required to play at that level anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad