Vintage Jagr ... 47 years old

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Looks like he’s playing in the 2nd tier league.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but in the Czech league, it works similar to soccer, in that teams who don't perform well get relegated to a lower tier, and can then move up if they play well again.

Kladno is Jagr's hometown and he is an owner of the team. Kladno was relegated to the 2nd tier last year, before Jagr joined the club.

So it's not as though he is playing for some minor league. It's just not the "premier" level.

Reactions: jjnhl68 and Dzonna

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I like to joke about how awesome he still is at 47, but seriously, I'm straight up baffled at how someone can be that good at that age.
Training like a Dragonball Z character will do that. Yes, seriously.

Hyde: The secret behind the ageless Jaromir Jagr
You could start with the 10-pound weight on Jaromir Jagr's hockey stick for training, the eight-pound medicine ball he shoots against the wall or the 45-pound weight vest he straps to his body.

C4R105

Nov 9, 2014
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but in the Czech league, it works similar to soccer, in that teams who don't perform well get relegated to a lower tier, and can then move up if they play well again.

Kladno is Jagr's hometown and he is an owner of the team. Kladno was relegated to the 2nd tier last year, before Jagr joined the club.

So it's not as though he is playing for some minor league. It's just not the "premier" level.
And now Kladno is playing for advancing to the 1st tier league .... this game was with Chomutov, which played Extraliga this season.

WingsFan95

Mar 22, 2008
Kanata
He really should try and come back for one more swing and get Howe's Games record. Only 35 needed!

Seriously he got an absolute raw deal in Calgary. I guess they gave him the most money to sell jerseys or whatever but damn what a rut of a situation. He can absolutely land a 3rd line spot on half the teams.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Steals it right off the stick...
Can't pad your stats with just assists, pal.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad