Confirmed with Link: Viktor Stalberg to OTT for 2017 3rd round pick

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I wonder why our friendly neighborhood Bruce hasn't tweeted about this trade yet?

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Totally fine with this pick. He's still fast as hell. We actually have a legit 4th line now. Once we drop Lazar for a pick we'll recoup. And remember, this draft is one of the weakest in years.

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
No, there's a significant difference between an unknown 3rd round pick in a weak draft year and a second round pick who has done nothing but impress and would possibly be considered a late first round pick in a re-draft.
Except that perhaps with Dorion being a former scout he feels that he can find a Dahlen in every draft and does equate the two more closely than you think.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
It's funny how perception changes as soon as it's a pick and not a player chosen with said pick.

To me this is basically the same impact to the organisation as the Burrows trade.

Always liked Stalberg, this is a nice add.

That was my thought, it's a player that's never even worn a Sens jersey - I don't mind it.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Fair deal. See, if we could have got Burrows for a 2nd, everyone would breath easy today...

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
No, there's a significant difference between an unknown 3rd round pick in a weak draft year and a second round pick who has done nothing but impress and would possibly be considered a late first round pick in a re-draft.

It's a big if, that he'd go in the first in a re-draft. Like I said yesterday, most GM's don't view him as highly as we do.

Also being a late first round pick really doesn't mean much. I'll take an established NHLer, over a guy whose peak is basically the guy we are getting.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
Totally fine with this pick. He's still fast as hell. We actually have a legit 4th line now. Once we drop Lazar for a pick we'll recoup. And remember, this draft is one of the weakest in years.

Yeah, I'm excited for Thursday's game. We might actually be able to roll 4 lines and not have fowards who can barely skate to the bench by the mid point of the third period. Even more exciting is they might be able to do something other than get stuck in their own end for 45 seconds and dump it off the glass. Everyone wants a big splash forward but I think getting some NHL quality depth will really give this team a boost

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Make it a conditional 6th that moves up.

Asset management this team is not good at... move after move after move just chip away at the asset pool.

Yup.

I honestly love Stalberg, but we could have had him in Ottawa all year at a cost of zero assets. This is textbook asset mismanagement.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Considering how bad our 3rd/4th lines and our penalty killing have been lately, Stalberg is a welcome addition.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Fair deal. See, if we could have got Burrows for a 2nd, everyone would breath easy today...

Honestly, if we traded Lazar for Burrows and a third for Stalberg, id be a happy pappy. I still don't love the two year extension, but I can live with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad