Confirmed with Link: Viktor Stalberg to OTT for 2017 3rd round pick

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
It's funny how perception changes as soon as it's a pick and not a player chosen with said pick.

To me this is basically the same impact to the organisation as the Burrows trade.

Always liked Stalberg, this is a nice add.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
4th liner on a non-playoff Carolina team.
Did he score against sens the other night or something?

C5xbsjRWYAESZ5j.jpg

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Hoffman
Smith
Dzingel
Burrows
Stalberg
Pyatt
DiDomenico

That's a lot or LW players.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Dorion must really think this draft is crap.

Can't help but feel bad for the 17 and 18-year-olds up for the draft this year. The NHL hierarchy is really slapping them down. I hope some of those kids use it as a motivating tool and surprise everyone in a few years.

That said, I really don't care about 3rd to 7th round picks. The odds of those becoming legit NHLers is tiny.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
It's funny how perception changes as soon as it's a pick and not a player chosen with said pick.

To me this is basically the same impact to the organisation as the Burrows trade.

Always liked Stalberg, this is a nice add.

No, there's a significant difference between an unknown 3rd round pick in a weak draft year and a second round pick who has done nothing but impress and would possibly be considered a late first round pick in a re-draft.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
No, there's a significant difference between an unknown 3rd round pick in a weak draft year and a second round pick who has done nothing but impress and would possibly be considered a late first round pick in a re-draft.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner. Bob, tell him what he's won!

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Can't help but feel bad for the 17 and 18-year-olds up for the draft this year. The NHL hierarchy is really slapping them down. I hope some of those kids use it as a motivating tool and surprise everyone in a few years.

That said, I really don't care about 3rd to 7th round picks. The odds of those becoming legit NHLers is tiny.

I am sure the quality of this draft is being overexaggerated.

It is not as good as the draft where we picked up Chabot and White, but i really doubt it is as horrible as people think it is.

Having said that, if there was a draft where you don't mind trading picks for actual quality players, this upcoming draft is probably the draft to do it.

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
Nice pickup. fair price too.

So, once Ryan's back;

Dzingel-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Brassard-Stone
Hoffman-Pageau-Burrows
Stalberg-Wingels-Pyatt

Seems like Smith might end up back at center, we've got 3 wingers on the 4th line unless Kelly or Lazar stay in the lineup.

You forgot White.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
After making so many negative comments in the Borrows thread I need to make a positive comment so here goes:

Stalberg is a UFA.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
Definitely added a lot of team speed and depth. Don't mind giving away potential for a chance at a solid run and really pushing a team identity . Good culture to have.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
This trade would have been good if we hadn't already dealt futures for Burrows. Now it's kind of unnecessary.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Make it a conditional 6th that moves up.

Asset management this team is not good at... move after move after move just chip away at the asset pool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad