VII. Texas Stars (AHL) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalGodAOD*

Glad to see Texas rally back. Eerie how similar both Dallas and Texas's games were tonight.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
So last night's game was definitely back and forth between both teams. The scary part is that Arcobello wasn't playing but should be back for Saturday. Hopefully Ritchie will be back also.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Sean Shapiro ‏@seanshapiro 3m
Desjardins wouldn’t declare #TxStars goaltending situation final today. Will take lineup “game-by-game” and "both guys deserve to start."

Rotation time?

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Is it jarring to anyone else to see Whiteboard Willie referred to as "Desjardins"? I always do a double take and wonder when we employed Eric Desjardins.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Sean Shapiro on the Czeching Line:

Czeching line: The line of Radek Faksa, Matej Stransky and Kevin Henderson didn’t register a point in the Game 1 victory, but it provided energy and was one of the more consistent lines throughout regulation and overtime.

Six weeks ago, two thirds of that line wasn’t even on the roster. While Stransky has been with Texas all season, Henderson was acquired in a trade for Francis Wathier on March 9, and Faksa joined the team after finishing up his junior season with the Sudbury Wolves.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
I'll say this, watching Faksa makes you realize he's the real deal. Forgetting the issues he may have had in Juniors, he's already the driving force of that line. Henderson has also been a steal and as provided grit and some skill/speed. Added with Stransky's improved skating, that will probably be the shutdown line to beat next season (provided Henderson is still around).

Also, I still like my Czech Out Line name better.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'll say this, watching Faksa makes you realize he's the real deal. Forgetting the issues he may have had in Juniors, he's already the driving force of that line. Henderson has also been a steal and as provided grit and some skill/speed. Added with Stransky's improved skating, that will probably be the shutdown line to beat next season (provided Henderson is still around).

Also, I still like my Czech Out Line name better.

Out of spite .... I'll keep calling them the Czeching Line. Dallas will draft Pastrnak or Vrana ... hopefully in the 2nd round ... and Nill will put him immediately in the AHL like Detroit did with Tomas Tatar. That way we'll have a 100% pure Czeching line.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Spite?! How you wound me so sir!

Too bad we still don't have Vincour? I guess? Maybe? Eeeehhhhhhhhh.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Interestingly I only caught the resulting fights and not the initial incident.

Losing Glennie might hurt, depends on if Ritchie can play or not.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Sean Shapiro ‏@seanshapiro 3m
Per @CarterBaum Jack Campbell will start Game 2 for #txstars. Rotation from regular season continues. #OKCBarons #texvsokc

Goalie rotation is a GO!

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
100 Degree Hockey ‏@100degreehockey 28m
Troock, Wrenn and Campbell will make pro playoff debuts tonight. #txstars without Glennie and Gaunce.

No Gaunce will suck.

Glad Campbell is in.

Troock being in over Guptill I think says something more than just wanting a right hand shot

TestGrave

Nov 30, 2013
Central Florida
Just a question (I'm in no way anywhere knowledgable about the AHL/NHL eligibility)
But is Sceviour and Nemeth eligible to go back down to play for the Texas Stars in the playoffs if Dallas loses against the Ducks?
Oh, and of course, if they would be, would they even send them back down?

More general, when is a player eligible to play in the AHL playoffs? So I know in the future :P

Thanks guys! :)

Primetimey*

Do they have any fans? Local 12 year old midget games get higher attendance than this.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
To my eye the Stars are still playing OKC even, despite having so many top players out of the lineup. They'll have a good chance of taking this in the 3rd period.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
lol Morin just clowned some dude off the faceoff like an AHL version of Jamie Benn

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
yeesh don't know how that one snuck by Campbell.

Stars have some work to do to tie this one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad