VII. Texas Stars (AHL) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Oh, if a guy who was the #1 overall pick in his year and puts up .45 ppg at an NHL level for over 1100 NHL games can beat the norm, then obviously our 21 year old with 4 games of North American experience can do the same. :laugh::sarcasm:

In the sense that he's going to go on to at least play this year. Jesus christ man, I don't mean he's going to go have a Jovocop career.

If a 1100 game veteran can come back from hip surgery to play a meaningful role on a team, then Klingberg will not be a superbust.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
You've got to be kidding me. That's unacceptable. This was the year that JC had to get playoff experience. He should've gotten it last year. How long are we going to keep putting it off? He's done nothing to play his way out of that opportunity.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
You've got to be kidding me. That's unacceptable. This was the year that JC had to get playoff experience. He should've gotten it last year. How long are we going to keep putting it off?

Well, this is about winning games.

Jack looked a little shaky last game though it got better. Also he's had less games.

Nihlstorp has been really good the last part of this season. He also hasn't lost in regulation since Feb 17.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
No, it's about development and winning games. You can't tell me Campbell doesn't give the Stars an excellent chance to win.

Watch them get upset with Nilstorp and have the whole season go for naught again.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
No, it's about development and winning games. You can't tell me Campbell doesn't give the Stars an excellent chance to win.

Watch them get upset with Nilstorp and have the whole season go for naught again.

Playing devil's advocate here. I'd rather see Jack in net also, but I can see the reasoning for Torps going in.

If he loses, then yes I can see him getting pulled for Jack. Willie may also be thinking about rotating the goalies. I seriously don't think he'll ride Nihlstorp like he did last year because Jack has been just as good this season.

He may also be easing Jack in because of the small amount of game he's had this season.

It comes down to this, do you trust Coach Willie or not? I think it's safe to say he knows how to develop the players and that there is a reason Nihlstorp is in tonight over Campbell.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
That....I'll allow....

So when Nihlstorp loses tonight. Who plays Saturday? Desrosier or Campbell? I bet Desrosier.

hehhehehehe

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Blue if it's about winning ... you pick Campbell. The numbers clearly show that:

Sean Shapiro ‏@seanshapiro

Nilstorp is 5-3-0 with a 3.17 GAA and .899 sv percentage against #OKCBarons this year. Campbell is 2-0 with 2.00 & .933. #TxStars

No one is denying that Willie's done wonders, but from a development POV ... this is a stupid move. From a success/stats POV ... this is a stupid move.

I'm not going to hope for Nilstorp to fail because that would just hurt other key players like Ritchie and Oleksiak that need a long run. This had better at least be a damn rotation though .... but that's not the way Desjardins coaches in the playoffs.

It's ******** any way you evaluate it.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Like I said, I agree Jack should be in. What I'm trying to do is figure out what Willie is doing.

Unfortunately the reasons for it are pretty damn thin. The only thing I can think of is Nihlstorp has more games, has been the go to the last few months, and has the playoff experience from the SHL a few years back. But like I said that's still pretty thin.

Hmmmmm....so, slightly off track. Is it possible Jack is still nursing some injury? I mean, Desrosier was signed to an ATO. Is that common for a black ace? I don't remember Molin or Vance getting those last year and they were around at the end of the season in Texas.

Edit: Looks like I may actually be on to something. Supposedly Jack's hip is still nagging him.

Last edited:

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Trying to watch both games is hard. Ritchie scratched. Glennie in a fight and wins!

Nihlstorp making some good saves.

Ranford with a possible goal currently under a long review but now declared no goal. Still no score.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
End of the first, no score. Texas started slow but got ramped up quickly. Only let OKC have 1 shot in the last 12 minutes of the period.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
End of Second, 2-1 OKC. First goal was Fyten beating his guy and a bad coverage by Gaunce, the second was a nice drop pass to an OKC player who sniped Nihlstorp (bad back checking by Peters/Vause). Texas scores with McKenzie cleaning up a Meech slapshot.

Texas taking a lot of bad penalties at the end of the second with like 4 back to back penalties.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Hedden scores from a great drop pass from Glennie who was driving towards the net. Game tied!

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
And just as the Dallas game ends, Hedden gets a centering pass from behind the net and scores to win the game for Texas.

A good night for the Stars system!

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Pretty much. It was the one match up we were hoping wouldn't happen. Bachman played great and the goals against Nihlstorp weren't his fault. Ritchie being out hurt also though Glennie did have a good game.

It'll be interesting to see who is in goal Saturday but right now I'm happy for at least one win in OKC. Texas plays better against them in CPC so coming out with a split helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad