OT: Video Game Thread Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I think the next time I run into a keyboard/mouse player using it I’m going to punch a hole in my wall.

One shot kill + great handling + mouse = too easy

I’m working my way through the guns, getting everything done for the mastery camos, but I haven’t tried it myself yet.
I wonder if I could use any mouse and keyboard on the ps5

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I'll be honest, I barely played the first game and never got back into it.

Probably because the PC version of Gears 1 sucked and 2 and 3 never made it to PC. So I never bothered.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
The first gears was amazing. Did not care for the rest of the series.
How long ago was the last one released? Was there a need for this series? Is the game series even still alive? I’m so out of the Xbox loop.
I don't know either, I'm out of that loop too. Been a PS guy for a while now.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The first gears was amazing. Did not care for the rest of the series.
How long ago was the last one released? Was there a need for this series? Is the game series even still alive? I’m so out of the Xbox loop.
Gears 5 was released in 2019.

The last few games haven’t what I have considered good but it’s a world that I absolutely love.

The first game is also one that truly brought us into the next generation though.

DayoftheGreek

Dec 10, 2008
Anyone play Cyberpunk 2077? I stayed away at launch but got curious when steam had it 50% off. Only about 5 hours in so far but I'm enjoying it.

Reactions: trostol

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Anyone play Cyberpunk 2077? I stayed away at launch but got curious when steam had it 50% off. Only about 5 hours in so far but I'm enjoying it.

I finished it about a year ago (after update 1.3 I think). Very stable, didn't have a single crash, and only encountered a few minor bugs (not game breaking).

Really enjoyed the world, the mission design, weapon variety.

I personally felt there were a lot of things that were unpolished and poorly implemented, but it is still definitely worth a play through.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I didn’t understand the magic/tech stuff so I bailed without giving too much effort. I intend to go back to it eventually.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Yeah, I grabbed it recently as well. It's a decent mix of GTA and the newer Deus Ex games. It still has a ton of bugs, but luckily they seem to be more of the Bethesda type where they're more amusing than game breaking. I'm almost finished with the main quest, but with God of War coming out, I have no idea when I'll actually get around to completing it :laugh:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I keep hearing great things. I've never played a JRPG.

It's on Game Pass so I'll probably give it a whirl - but holy hell, 130+ hours to complete is kind of a big commitment!

Yes it is. 100 hours for the regular game and yeah at least 30 hours more for the extra portion of the game. You can actually miss the extra semester if you miss to do something. You might need a spoiler free guide on how to get it done.

Reactions: flyersnorth

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
played it..beat it..disappointed..not so much in the game but in how much it deviates from the tabletop..also some spoilery things i do not like about it..but all and all i did enjoy it enough to start through another run..but more so now just waiting on the dlc

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Started playing Grounded a few weeks ago with a friend.

Never imagined it would be this fun! When I killed my first spider, I thought "oh that's not so bad," until I realized it was just a spiderling and mama creeping up behind me made me run for my life. That fight will be for another day.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
@Surrounded By Ahos Was it you that posted about Subnautica a while back?

I've got that on my list too - seems like the kind of game that gives you nightmares haha.
I've played a couple hours, but it ran like dogwater on my old laptop, so I couldn't really give it a fair shake. I've heard nothing but great things, though. Apparently your first dives to the deeper sections of the map can be quite an adventure.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Jumped into New World with the fresh servers and the 50% off. Enjoying myself. Haven’t had this mmorpg fun since early FFXIV days (and now I don’t need a sub lol)

Reactions: flyersnorth

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I’ve got gold camo on

All 8 Assault Rifles
All 8 SMGs
All 4 Battle Rifles (the wooooorst)
2 of 4 shotguns
2 of 6 LMGs
4 of 6 Marksman Rifles
1 of 4 Snipers
The Riot Shield
All 5 Handguns
All 4 Launchers
The Knife

So 40 of 51 weapons.

Then I need to go back and do the platinum challenge on each once it’s unlocked after I finish all 51 golds.
Then go back again for the Polyatomic challenges once all platinums are finished.

I’m dying. Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad