OT: Video Game Thread Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Let us peasants know the OP classes. Currently leveling up the m4 with horrendous recoil.
As soon as I figure it out, I will.

The issue is you need to use other shitty guns to get all the attachments for the M4 and I haven’t used anything else yet. I’m trying to get it to max level first.

Unfortunately I was right about the SBMM punishment because I just played a team of crackheads who were flying all over and jumping around every corner. When playing people like that, “aim down sight” time is key so you can snap on to them when you see them, more so than recoil control.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah didn't realize that was the deal. The FTAC blows.
No kidding… It’s horrendous. Possibly the worst gun I’ve ever used.

I finished the M4 (max level and gold camo, which now takes no time at all) and then moved on to leveling up FTAC and the launcher secondaries (also complete shit) so I can get that polyatomic camo.

Last edited:

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
No kidding… It’s horrendous. Possibly the worst gun I’ve ever used.

I finished the M4 (max level and gold camo, which now takes no time at all) and then moved on to leveling up FTAC and the launcher secondaries (also complete shit) so I can get that polyatomic camo.
What am I chopped liver?

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
ABB661E5-3547-48CD-8DC9-358E3690F244.png

I thought I replied to you.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
View attachment 600292

I thought I replied to you.
Oh, sorry, I completely missed that.

Hard to say, especially since I don’t know what kind of gamer you are.

As I said earlier in a different thread, I’d say it’s probably the best CoD since Bo3. Although that’s not super high praise because the games have been mostly awful lately - and this one definitely has its own issues - but I think there’s enough good to make it worth it.

I will make a quick note again though: I don’t really focus on the multiplayer all that much anymore, since all of my high school friends stopped getting the games and it lost a lot of its fun (plus the games got worse). I basically just play it to unlock guns/attachments/perks for use in Warzone.

The way I look at it, if I can get one hour of entertainment per dollar spent, that’s a pretty good deal. And I’ll definitely get more than 70 hours out of this.

Reactions: Chinatown88

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Oh, sorry, I completely missed that.

Hard to say, especially since I don’t know what kind of gamer you are.

As I said earlier in a different thread, I’d say it’s probably the best CoD since Bo3. Although that’s not super high praise because the games have been mostly awful lately - and this one definitely has its own issues - but I think there’s enough good to make it worth it.

I will make a quick note again though: I don’t really focus on the multiplayer all that much anymore, since all of my high school friends stopped getting the games and it lost a lot of its fun (plus the games got worse). I basically just play it to unlock guns/attachments/perks for use in Warzone.

The way I look at it, if I can get one hour of entertainment per dollar spent, that’s a pretty good deal. And I’ll definitely get more than 70 hours out of this.
I don’t think I played since BO2. I’m in the same boat as you, my normal group of people from back in the day are no longer playing together. I’ll be running solo.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don’t think I played since BO2. I’m in the same boat as you, my normal group of people from back in the day are no longer playing together. I’ll be running solo.
Maybe try watching some YouTube videos? Just to get a general idea of the game.

But if you want a thumbs up or a thumbs down, I’d go with “thumbs up”. The campaign was great, the multiplayer is good so far, and they’re going to be adding more content over the next two years.

Reactions: Lord Defect

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Maybe try watching some YouTube videos? Just to get a general idea of the game.

But if you want a thumbs up or a thumbs down, I’d go with “thumbs up”. The campaign was great, the multiplayer is good so far, and they’re going to be adding more content over the next two years.
I can’t stand watching other people play. I’d rather read or play a different game than watch someone else play. I hate videos in general and prefer a brief text review instead.
I just found out I’m getting it as a gift soon so there’s that.
I prefer hardcore rules, semi auto rifles. For the life of me I couldn’t tell you what the last gun I preferred was. Any suggestions based off that really vague description?

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I can’t stand watching other people play. I’d rather read or play a different game than watch someone else play. I hate videos in general and prefer a brief text review instead.
I just found out I’m getting it as a gift soon so there’s that.
I prefer hardcore rules, semi auto rifles. For the life of me I couldn’t tell you what the last gun I preferred was. Any suggestions based off that really vague description?
I just meant a quick peak so you can literally just see what the game looks like. Like the types of guns, setting, etc.

As far as hardcore goes, that's not currently in the game but it's being added in the Season 1 update in about a month. It'll be called "Tier 1".

There's quite a few semi-auto rifles, separated into "battle rifles" and "marksmen rifles" categories.

I'd guess you're more of a slower-paced player, based on preferring hardcore and semi-auto guns, in which case you'd probably like the "Ground War" playlist. Unlike in earlier CoD games where it was just more players on the normal maps, in recent games they have their own specially designed maps and modes, made for much larger player counts, much larger maps, vehicles, different terrains, and so on. There's also "Invasion", which is similar and on the same much larger maps, but is both a large amount of players and an even larger number of AI bots on each team.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I just meant a quick peak so you can literally just see what the game looks like. Like the types of guns, setting, etc.

As far as hardcore goes, that's not currently in the game but it's being added in the Season 1 update in about a month. It'll be called "Tier 1".

There's quite a few semi-auto rifles, separated into "battle rifles" and "marksmen rifles" categories.

I'd guess you're more of a slower-paced player, based on preferring hardcore and semi-auto guns, in which case you'd probably like the "Ground War" playlist. Unlike in earlier CoD games where it was just more players on the normal maps, in recent games they have their own specially designed maps and modes, made for much larger player counts, much larger maps, vehicles, different terrains, and so on. There's also "Invasion", which is similar and on the same much larger maps, but is both a large amount of players and an even larger number of AI bots on each team.
I stopped reading because I got bored at the first sentence on your third paragraph.
Nothing against you. Just how my brain works I guess.
I run and gun all day long. I might not be good enough for SMG’s or I prefer rifles until I get into a closer range and will get a SMG from a body after the fact. I can’t stand camping, or whatever term is used now.
I prefer semi over single shot which doesn’t seem to do enough damage and three round burst which seem to not be as accurate. Non hardcore feels like you need 20 rounds to kill someone which is just bad.
Yea I love ground war, I’d greatly prefer an objective rather than a kill limit. My dumb ass usually pushes towards B just because it’s harder and there is more targets. Self preservation in COD does not exist for me.
I think I’ve only called in 3-5 nukes since they were a thing.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I stopped reading because I got bored at the first sentence on your third paragraph.
Nothing against you. Just how my brain works I guess.
I run and gun all day long. I might not be good enough for SMG’s or I prefer rifles until I get into a closer range and will get a SMG from a body after the fact. I can’t stand camping, or whatever term is used now.
I prefer semi over single shot which doesn’t seem to do enough damage and three round burst which seem to not be as accurate. Non hardcore feels like you need 20 rounds to kill someone which is just bad.
Yea I love ground war, I’d greatly prefer an objective rather than a kill limit. My dumb ass usually pushes towards B just because it’s harder and there is more targets. Self preservation in COD does not exist for me.
I think I’ve only called in 3-5 nukes since they were a thing.
OK, gotcha.

Well there's 51 different guns/secondaries and the maps are pretty varied so I'm sure you'll be able to find something you like. :thumbu:

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
OK, gotcha.

Well there's 51 different guns/secondaries and the maps are pretty varied so I'm sure you'll be able to find something you like. :thumbu:
What a cop out lol. Ass.
How many possible combinations is that including attachments for primary and secondaries?

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What a cop out lol. Ass.
How many possible combinations is that including attachments for primary and secondaries?
Cop out?!? :laugh:

There's nothing else for me to tell! I've only just started playing it yesterday myself, so I don't know everything there is to know. This is just my first impressions based on a few hours of gameplay.

And you said you're getting it anyways, so you're all set.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Cop out?!? :laugh:

There's nothing else for me to tell! I've only just started playing it yesterday myself, so I don't know everything there is to know. This is just my first impressions based on a few hours of gameplay.

And you said you're getting it anyways, so you're all set.
Cop out. Tell me everything I need to know!!

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
@FLYguy3911 Im here to help!

I learned that if you play Invasion and kill the bots, it’s the fastest way to level up your weapons. It’s a lifesaver when using awful guns.

Of course I just find that out AFTER I get that damn FTAC gold, the absolute worst gun I’ve ever touched… but oh well.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
@FLYguy3911 Im here to help!

I learned that if you play Invasion and kill the bots, it’s the fastest way to level up your weapons. It’s a lifesaver when using awful guns.

Of course I just find that out AFTER I get that damn FTAC gold, the absolute worst gun I’ve ever touched… but oh well.
I just found out today that you can change the fire rate on the FTAC.

I've been leveling up this game's version of the Scar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad