OT: Video Game Thread Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
i have a strange desire for a new guitar hero game

I used to love Guitar Hero and Rockband. Fun social game with drinks. My buddy had two guitars, the drum kit, and mic. It's nuts how much money those games made people spend.

To follow-up on @Lord Defect 's VR drum game, Beat Saber is a complete blast to play. Not a drum game, but if you enjoy insanely catchy EDM, light sabers, and gunning for perfect runs, it's hard to beat. Expert+ mode is pretty nuts.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Is it any easier in that format?
I don’t know if I’ve played 4 elsewhere. I know I haven’t played 1-3, and have played 5, and have not played after 5.
I know I watched 1-3& Veronica as my friends played them, I could not stand the control scheme but loved the games. 5 was alright but not enough to suck me into the rest of the series.

Reactions: wankstifier

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
So started playing Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order since it was a free to claim game via Amazon Prime gaming (needed Amazon Prime subscription)

I'm not really finding it as fun as KOTOR or even Force Unleashed yet. I'll see what it becomes as more powers get unlocked, but something that really bothers me on all 'recent games' is I understand why 15, 20, 30 years ago games had 'limits' on where you could go, what you could climb, etc...

But to have this game tell a JEDI "Ooops, sorry. You can't actually climb *THAT ROCK* you can only climb this *SPECIFIC ROCK* or do this or do that is just annoying as hell in 2021 when you got so many other 'open-world' games literally letting you climb or go anywhere, destroy anything, etc...

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So started playing Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order since it was a free to claim game via Amazon Prime gaming (needed Amazon Prime subscription)

I'm not really finding it as fun as KOTOR or even Force Unleashed yet. I'll see what it becomes as more powers get unlocked, but something that really bothers me on all 'recent games' is I understand why 15, 20, 30 years ago games had 'limits' on where you could go, what you could climb, etc...

But to have this game tell a JEDI "Ooops, sorry. You can't actually climb *THAT ROCK* you can only climb this *SPECIFIC ROCK* or do this or do that is just annoying as hell in 2021 when you got so many other 'open-world' games literally letting you climb or go anywhere, destroy anything, etc...

Your dude is going to get WAY more powerful and all those off-limit areas will be unlocked. It gets way better in that regard. You have to re-learn how to be a Jedi; and for once, you are one of the regular unremarkable Jedi instead of some incredible legendary Force-specimen.

Tip: unlock the "standing dodge" ASAFP. Absolutely a blast to just Matrix-lean your way out of attacks and slaughter your attacker.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Your dude is going to get WAY more powerful and all those off-limit areas will be unlocked. It gets way better in that regard. You have to re-learn how to be a Jedi; and for once, you are one of the regular unremarkable Jedi instead of some incredible legendary Force-specimen.

Tip: unlock the "standing dodge" ASAFP. Absolutely a blast to just Matrix-lean your way out of attacks and slaughter your attacker.
Is this the one with star killer, or whatever his name is? Or is this the one where Ian from shameless did the motion capture?

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Is this the one with star killer, or whatever his name is? Or is this the one where Ian from shameless did the motion capture?
Shameless one, got that straightened out.

We were robbed of the greatest idea that I have heard in a long time in the force unleashed.
BCC43DE9-8C55-4635-9FE2-4F08D6963F9D.jpeg

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ

That game is so good, and this is one of the reasons why. I've played through that game 3 times, and have never even unlocked that move once lmao. So many different ways to play it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad