[Vid] Embellishment City

• Thread starter M A K A V E L I*
  • Start date

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
He got fired here because Gainey was brain dead and this after Julien was righting the sinking ship called the Habs.

for no apparent reason He got fired in New Jersey when he had his team first or second in the East .

If he was going to lose that playoff series to Montreal two years ago, word was out that he was gone.

His sense of self-preservation is kicking in.

Julien strikes me as a typical brainwashed victim. He had the Sword of Damocles over his head so often that any self respect he had once was frightened out of him and he'll toe the BS that Jeremy Jacobs & that puke Cam Nealy want pedaled or that Julien thinks they want pedaled.

In other words he's trying to hold onto his job.

And in a sense i don't blame him. Both in Montreal and New Jersey he was doing a good to great job and got fired. Completely unfair.

But in another sense I despise him. He sold out and is basically a mouth piece for Jeremy Jacobs & Cam Nealy

Gainey had a notion that Carbonneau was the right coach for the Habs. Unfortunately, he was a disruptive force who was finally tuned out by the players.

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
IMO nobody is doing more to make a joke out of the NHL, especially its referees, than Claude Julien. Guy should be fined for comments like that, and ridiculed for his blatant hypocrisy.

bib

#believe
Aug 28, 2007
IMO nobody is doing more to make a joke out of the NHL, especially its referees, than Claude Julien. Guy should be fined for comments like that, and ridiculed for his blatant hypocrisy.

It's not just Julien, it's ingrained in their hockey "culture"

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Lol @Boston in The Onion

Hilarious piece

"Pretty Cute Watching Boston Residents Play Daily Game Of ‘Big City’"

Actually not exactly "hilarious" but I enjoy anything that puts Boston down

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
:amazed:

zdnetbaston_zps2dcbeeec.jpg

Stephpa10

Jul 23, 2005
this is a great video, i like doing video myself, now i'm mad i didn't think of this, great job :yo:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Guys, I understand your frustrations, but it's against site rules to discuss bannings and/or infractions in public. That needs to be kept strictly to PM's. We have to delete posts such as these.

If you have any issues with how things are done here, please contact myself or one of the other Habs board mods. Or, if need be, you could even contact a site admin.

Thanks.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The video is fantastic. What's terrible is the circumstance that made it necessary to create the video in the first place. If only Julien kept his mouth shut like coaches are supposed to do. If only Marchand acted like an adult instead of an entitled child, as pros are supposed to do. If only the fans offered a "Good game" or at worst stayed silent, as mature adults are supposed to do.

That's a good, healthy rivalry. But the knee-jerk screaming of excuse after excuse, the imaginary conspiracies, the trailer-trash hate, the glorifying of violent payback for a fair game - that's something pretty sick.

Let's not forget that some Bruins fans were gracious, and many more opted not to complain. But for those who couldn't help themselves, do they ever question why it's Boston that reacts to a playoff loss with racist tweets and Boston who reacts to a big loss to a rival with disgusting poor-sportsmanship? How can we have the most basic respect for their organization if they can't offer it to others? Yeah, we had a nasty thing with Leafs fans too, but at least their coach and players didn't sink into the muck. Boston... I don't know what's goin' on with them...

GinoCyber*

Did anyone from Boston give an example of us diving during that game? It really sounds like a smokescreen to get all the teenagers over there take a hissy fit and believe into their madness.

M A K A V E L I*

Did anyone from Boston give an example of us diving during that game? It really sounds like a smokescreen to get all the teenagers over there take a hissy fit and believe into their madness.

There weren't any dives from Montreal. Cloud was saying PK was diving in his press conference and he's referring to this play where he gets blind sided by Thornton and pops right back up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS2D82wW4ds&t=0m35s

GinoCyber*

Sheesh.

As you say, he got right back up and continued to play. It's not like he fell, looked at the ref, and complain about a non call.

CJ must think that their fanbase is one twist short of a slinky to whoever believed him.

bib

#believe
Aug 28, 2007
Any psychologists care to take a stab of what's going on in Beantown?

Some form of guilt complex?

An unconscious need for punishment for winning the cup with dirty tactics?

It's sucky that it's against the rules to have this content on the main board. But I suppose when you bring the Bruins fans into any conversation over there, it's due to turn into a real cluster****.

Last edited:

RushDP

Nov 9, 2006
What I find interesting is that this video has been out for 2-3 days now and nobody has compiled a vid of our "daily" dives. You have to think it would be easy to assemble clips of our dives since we dive and embellish in every single game.

The best the B's fans are able to come up with is the Ribeiro dive which while I admit was embarrassing beyond belief it was also long enough ago that it should be forgotten. I mean the Bruins fans have already forgotten that Chara tried to kill Patches and that was only 2 years ago.

It seems to me that a Bruin fan should be able to come up with a video with at least 5 dives in the last year for the Habs. The dives on the video were all within the last season and given time I am sure a 20 minute video could have been produced using just the footage since their cup winning season.

GinoCyber*

The best the B's fans are able to come up with is the Ribeiro dive which while I admit was embarrassing beyond belief it was also long enough ago that it should be forgotten. I mean the Bruins fans have already forgotten that Chara tried to kill Patches and that was only 2 years ago.

After that dive, we got rid of Ribiero. If CJ wants to clean up dives, he should look at what we did as a starting point.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
...The best the B's fans are able to come up with is the Ribeiro dive which while I admit was embarrassing beyond belief it was also long enough ago that it should be forgotten. I mean the Bruins fans have already forgotten that Chara tried to kill Patches and that was only 2 years ago.

It seems to me that a Bruin fan should be able to come up with a video with at least 5 dives in the last year for the Habs. The dives on the video were all within the last season and given time I am sure a 20 minute video could have been produced using just the footage since their cup winning season.

Selective memory :)

About the second paragraph, you should specify 'real dives', like the one by Thornton against Emelin or the two dives by Marchand in less than 10 seconds, etc. Because being crosschecked in the back and falling on the ice isn't a dive. Being suckerpunched after the whistle in the back of the head and falling on the ice isn't a dive. Gionta or DD falling on the ice after Chara hit them with all his mighty power isn't a dive.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00