Confirmed with Link: Victor Rask signs 6 years, 4 per

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
If only Rask would be faster... Do not seem to have happen much there during the years, still very slow.

Last edited:

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
If only Rask would be faster... Do not seem to have happen there during the years, still very slow.

Probably my least favorite prospect to come through our system in terms of my estimation of how they'd adapt to the NHL among notable prospects for that very reason. I will say he has clearly worked hard to overcome that, but he'll never be a strong skater. Once he proved me wrong on the skating issue, it blew the ceiling off my projection for him.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I honestly think that was the single biggest argument that Vagrant and I have ever had about one of our guys. :laugh:

But yeah, it was always going to come down to Rask improving his skating, the skill was already there.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Probably my least favorite prospect to come through our system in terms of my estimation of how they'd adapt to the NHL among notable prospects for that very reason. I will say he has clearly worked hard to overcome that, but he'll never be a strong skater. Once he proved me wrong on the skating issue, it blew the ceiling off my projection for him.

I'd probably phrase it differently. He'll never be a very "fast" or "quick " skater but he's strong on his skates and uses his body well to shield guys from the puck and create space.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I honestly think that was the single biggest argument that Vagrant and I have ever had about one of our guys. :laugh:

But yeah, it was always going to come down to Rask improving his skating, the skill was already there.

There was a lot of heat around me and JFMJ and Manchuk as well at points in time. I was team Dalpe all day, too. The more I learn about hockey the less I seem to understand.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I'd probably phrase it differently. He'll never be a very "fast" or "quick " skater but he's strong on his skates and uses his body well to shield guys from the puck and create space.

This is how I see it. Rask can chug the puck up ice or in the offensive zone with 1-2 guys hounding him and still comes away with it most of the time. Great puck protection skills that mask his average skating.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
This is how I see it. Rask can chug the puck up ice or in the offensive zone with 1-2 guys hounding him and still comes away with it most of the time. Great puck protection skills that mask his average skating.

Yep, which has been my biggest beef with Lindholm in the past. He hasn't been a "good" enough skater to create space (like Skinner) and isn't strong enough to hold guys off to create space (like Rask). Lindholm has very good hands, and under-rated shot, and some good hockey sense, but until he develops the ability to "create space" either via better skating or being stronger on the puck, he'll struggle to apply his skills.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Rask doesn't blaze up the ice, but he's improved his agility a ton. He has that quick move to the middle on top of the strength to put someone on his back. His skating is absolutely fine for a bigger guy. (obviously, as you don't put up 50 in the NHL without being at least a competent skater)

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
This is awesome to read right now :laugh:

It was either right before or right after this twitter rant, that I changed my Twitter handle to Captain Hot Take as Adam Gold called me that when I repeatedly called him out on mistakes he makes. To his credit he's gotten a lot more careful and does more research now prior to talking stick puck.

Rask doesn't blaze up the ice, but he's improved his agility a ton. He has that quick move to the middle on top of the strength to put someone on his back. His skating is absolutely fine for a bigger guy. (obviously, as you don't put up 50 in the NHL without being at least a competent skater)

This is what I see. He makes guys miss and weaves through defenders and I always wonder why he doesn't get stripped of the puck. He does this thing where he "shows the puck" and then turns his shoulder and it's like somebody greased his body up as he slips through. I've always been a Rask fan as in juniors he was a scorer with a relatively high shooting percentage. Led me to believe he did a lot of work close in.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Even more concerning: he's only 6-foot 2-inches. He needs to put in some work there.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Victor Rask - 32 points

Eye of Ra - 2 very insightful posts on the hurricanes board.

Cherish them while you can, I've seen mods cut them and I assume take them to the black market or somewhere.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Even more concerning: he's only 6-foot 2-inches. He needs to put in some work there.

Keep him as a curiosity still. Them 2 feet 6 inches skaters are a dime a dozen.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Too bad that he is only on pace for around 60 points and won't get any better. I prefer my 4 million a year extensions going to 40g/80pt players.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
put me in coach, i will score 100 goals and only ask for $5k

meaning i will score 100 goals over the next 20 years in beer league and drink $5k worth of beer in connection with these games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad