Value of: Victor Olofsson

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Skinner is flat-out better than Olofsson. VO is a better PP trigger man, but Skinner is the better hockey player.

Perhaps if Skinner decided to be a team player and do things like make an attempt at defense. Not all of the problems between the 2 were on the coach.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I meant that I'd be willing to flip some of our rental returns for Olofsson. There's absolutely no shot I'd trade our 1st for him, protections or not. That's insane.
Get that 100%

Like I said his value is hard to gauge. Flipping him for a late 20's pick when he can put up 30 goals for even a bad team is risky for the Sabres too. He's an interesting case for sure. Cheers!

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Where are those Sabres fans that thought Olofsson was more value than Boeser?

given the money they cost.... it’s all about ROI outside your core players now.
Boesser when his contract is up woukd be cost more than double whatOlofsson does.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Which teams really need a shooter at PP and a third liner? Hockey trade.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Wow, trade a goal scoring forward for a full-on bust
This may of been the case for his rookie season or the year after, however he has been improving every game since then.
Id rather offer Bratt than Zacha ( not a popular choice vs fellow devils fans opinions though).
Boqvist plus a pick ?
Merkley plus pick ?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
This may of been the case for his rookie season or the year after, however he has been improving every game since then.
Id rather offer Bratt than Zacha ( not a popular choice vs fellow devils fans opinions though).
Boqvist plus a pick ?
Merkley plus pick ?

bovquist doesn’t move the needled and Merkley is crap.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Probably a top 6/9 forwards. Specifically from New Jersey, players such as Bratt, Wood, maybe Sharangovich and Zacha could be interesting.

I wouldn’t want to move Zacha or Bratt, and I don’t think Fitzgerald is going to be interested in trading Wood.

Something around Sharangovich would work; he has shooting skills that are similar to Olofsson, and he, at his age, obviously fits Buffalo’s timeline better if they’re looking to do another rebuild.

Maybe a forward who's a little less skilled but a bit more gritty, or a similarly-aged top 4 D.

That sounds like Wood, and I just don’t think Fitz is going to want to trade him after the year he’s had and the maturity he’s shown.

And we’re not in a position to meet that top-4 d D ask, unless you really like Will Butcher and see him as that.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I wouldn’t want to move Zacha or Bratt, and I don’t think Fitzgerald is going to be interested in trading Wood.

Something around Sharangovich would work; he has shooting skills that are similar to Olofsson, and he, at his age, obviously fits Buffalo’s timeline better if they’re looking to do another rebuild.
I don't think Sharangovich is moving the needle, he has too little sample yet. We have no incentive to trade Olofsson unless we get a legit and proven NHL player, and Sharangovich doesn't fall into that category yet.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

kooner91

Apr 13, 2014
Virtanen + Pick for Olofsson?

Canucks could use some skill in their bottom 6 and 2nd PP unit, while Virtanen's speed and physicality could be useful in Buffalo. Also, shipping him out of Vancouver could wake him up.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
He has one of the most wicked one timers you’ll see. He’s also an accurate shooter. Legit sniper and 30+ goal potential. I’d love him on the islanders.

I expected to see more posts like this in this thread. I don’t catch many Buffalo games but olofsson always seems to show up in the box score, even with how putrid Buffalo has been this year

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Virtanen + Pick for Olofsson?

Canucks could use some skill in their bottom 6 and 2nd PP unit, while Virtanen's speed and physicality could be useful in Buffalo. Also, shipping him out of Vancouver could wake him up.
You'd be lucky to get a 3rd rounder for Virtanen at this point. Olofsson? Not a snowballs chance in hell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad