Player Discussion Victor Mete (D) - Claimed off waivers from Montreal

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I guess Mete and Brannstrom will compete with eachother for the rest of the season to be the sole 5'9 d man moving forwards.

It really doesn't make sense to have two 5'9 d men in the long run so it would make sense if they are competing with eachother.

Overall decent asset management move.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Scouting (on Habs board) says he's not very good in the offensive zone but what he can do is transition the puck out of the defensive zone into the neutral zone.

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
There's absolutely no downside to this move. We get a free look at a guy who could well turn into a long term solution.

Totally agree. They just needed a defenceman after getting rid of two. If Mete is more than a body for this season, why not?

Mete meets expansion requirements too, no? If so another guy we can leave exposed and hope Seattle might look at him instead of one of the young goalies.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Sens hoping to replicate the Mike Reilly magic. Reilly got a 3rd this year, we'll flip Mete for a 2nd next deadline. Playin the long game.

Reactions: Carl Karlsson

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
I can live with Mete on the 3rd pair, as long as Brannstrom and Zaitsev are moved this summer for 2 bigger, mobile d.

Nobody wins with a defensive group averaging significantly under 200 lbs..

Ideally, we overpay for 2 years of someone while waiting to work Sanderson in. I'm not sure where Bernard-Docker fits in.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Not expecting much here but yeah definitely worth a shot at that age and price

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Seems to be a pretty strong consensus among Habs fans that he sucks, but I guess he has to be better than Olle Alsing.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Scouting (on Habs board) says he's not very good in the offensive zone but what he can do is transition the puck out of the defensive zone into the neutral zone.

Pretty decent passer. Terrible shot. Was at his best playing with Weber.

Struggled this year with being benched for long period of time.

Reactions: NyQuil

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I guess Mete and Brannstrom will compete with eachother for the rest of the season to be the sole 5'9 d man moving forwards.

It really doesn't make sense to have two 5'9 d men in the long run so it would make sense if they are competing with eachother.

Overall decent asset management move.
Would the Senators think of moving Brannstrom to the other side now? Or, have they already made their decision already on what side he will play?

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

so already better then half of our dmen...nice

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad