Player Discussion Victor Antipin - Sports.Business-gazetta speculates he is going back to KHL

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Is he more than likely a lock to be a starting defenceman? The NHL.com season preview didn't show him with the defence corps nor as one of the six players listed as key additions and he wasn't listed as an addition when Kevin Weekes was discussing Buffalo as an improved team based on off-season moves. Of course the common link is an NHL affiliation so who knows the reasoning. If you google Victor Antipin there are easily accessible head shots to photoshop a Sabres jersey on him like other broadcasters do at the trade deadline. The majority of the board has him penciled in on the second or third pairing so it seems a little odd that he was neglected to be mentioned twice unless we are way off the mark with him.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Is he more than likely a lock to be a starting defenceman? The NHL.com season preview didn't show him with the defence corps nor as one of the six players listed as key additions and he wasn't listed as an addition when Kevin Weekes was discussing Buffalo as an improved team based on off-season moves. Of course the common link is an NHL affiliation so who knows the reasoning. If you google Victor Antipin there are easily accessible head shots to photoshop a Sabres jersey on him like other broadcasters do at the trade deadline. The majority of the board has him penciled in on the second or third pairing so it seems a little odd that he was neglected to be mentioned twice unless we are way off the mark with him.

I don't think he came across the pond to play in the minors, I'm sure he is somewhat assured of a spot.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
That was my understanding too. Maybe since it was pre-July 1 he is being overlooked, they don't want to acknowledge the KHL has NHL-worthy talent in it or they're simply ill-informed. Oh well, glad he decided to sign here.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The people who run NHL.com don't know who he is. Weekes probably doesn't either.

That's not a knock...I didn't know who he was either until his name popped up and then I looked into him because he was coming to my team. Hey would have no reason to do that so he's just a name they don't know. Gorges is a name they do and one who carries respect...so it is what it is.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
The people who run NHL.com don't know who he is. Weekes probably doesn't either.

That's not a knock...I didn't know who he was either until his name popped up and then I looked into him because he was coming to my team. Hey would have no reason to do that so he's just a name they don't know. Gorges is a name they do and one who carries respect...so it is what it is.

No reason to know, except doing a professional broadcast about a team's improvement. It's a half ass show, which is totally fine, but they had plenty of reason to research for the ten minutes it would take to learn all the western world knows about him.

Lazy beats reason to do a great job.

Weekes' still made a sick oh no you didn't save in dress clothes.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Has he already said he's going back home? I heard an unsubstantiated rumor he was on reddit.

Judging by his (and his wife's) insta, they are still on vacation so it seems like he isn't completely set on a decision...yet I guess? His insta somewhat indicates he liked it in Buffalo, I do think he's sadly gone though.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Judging by his (and his wife's) insta, they are still on vacation so it seems like he isn't completely set on a decision...yet I guess? His insta somewhat indicates he liked it in Buffalo, I do think he's sadly gone though.
I can see both sides agreeing to one more year at roughly the same amount, but I have my doubts Housley wants Antipin around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad